anything wrong with this?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by old fart, Jul 11, 2012.

1. old fart

old fart Member

i went and got my cougar and it feels great, i haven't shot it yet but hope to soon. i didn't notice this at the shop, i checked the trigger pull, and safeties, as well as the cocking of the gun but i never looked at the front end. is this normal for this gun?, is the front of the cougars like this? i wanted to know before i shot it. thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Do you meant he barrel looks off center?

Did you make sure that thing was empty before you pointed it at us? ;)

Nice view of the rifling. Great photo.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012

3. old fart

old fart Member

it was unloaded as you can see the firing pin, and i was talking about the ring around the front of the slide. thanks

4. winds-of-change

Sorry. I should have stayed out of this. :( I didn't see the firing pin (I'm not experienced enough) and I would never have noticed the ring on the front of the slide. I'll step aside and let someone who knows something comment. :eek:

5. old fart

old fart Member

sorry if it bothered you about pointing the gun, i didn't want to disasemble the gun to take a pic. it looks like the slide has a insert in the front, i just wondered if all cougars had this? thanks

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I wouldn't worry about it.

7. winds-of-change

Haha, I should have printed that in green text. I was only kidding. How the heck is that gun going to hurt me through the computer. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Going to go back and put that in green text right now.

I'm sorry for mucking up your thread. If you want, I'll delete my smart alec comments.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

If it makes you feel better winds, when I saw it I drew my gun and pointed it at my phone and almost fired. Lol

9. winds-of-change

Great reflexes. I threw my hands up and screamed, "DON'T SHOOT ME!" :eek:

10. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

I won't lie. I flinched for a second when I clicked & the thread opened. :eek:

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

Death smiles at every one. Marines smile back.

I laughed like the joker ;)

OP, I wouldn't worry about it. It's new, and came from the factory that way, correct?

12. orangello

orangello New Member

Illinois... :p

13. old fart

old fart Member

yes its new, i was wondering about the ring in front of the slide that looks like a insert. thanks

14. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Don't know squat about the make of gun but the barrel looks like its just floppin around the bushing or whatever its called on that gun :(
    Reminds me of a girl i meet in Da Nang back in--------------WHOA, can't tell that here :eek: :p

[​IMG]

15. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I got worried when he said he was going to shoot his cougar. I thought don't do that just take her back to the bar where you found her. :D

16. orangello

orangello New Member

17. mdemotte

mdemotte New Member

Lmfao!! Nice!! :)

18. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

It looks like a pressed in bushing, but I have never worked on one and from the pictures on the web I cant tell for sure. Did they have any more at the shop you can compare it to?

19. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Is the barrel supposed to have that much play?
    Wondering now :(