Anyone watch "American Guns"

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by SnakeDoctor, Jul 26, 2012.

1. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor New Member

They had an episode on the discovery channel where some BMX bikers came in wanting a 1911 and he showed them a Springfield 1911 the loaded model to be specific but when the biker asked for a price he said 3 grand! 3 grand is no where near the price range of springfield 1911s maybe a Les Baer 1911 but if anyone can dig up more info on the 1911s sold on the show id really like to know

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

It isn't real! The price is scripted just like the show. Check out Haus of Guns' writeup, ebbs appeared on the show and did a behind the scenes blog on it.

3. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor New Member

Thank you , for two reasons, 1 for my head was spinning about a $3000 SA loaded 1911 and 2 I saw the episode the write up was about and I wanted to jump through the TV and punch him for taking a family heirloom 12ga and have it butchered for $1700 and a new 870 tac is $350 I knew alot of the show was fake but didnt think that much of it was!

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

part of the reason i don't watch it or Sons of Guns anymore.

5. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I don't really care for American Guns but find Sons of Guns to be entertaining. It beats dumb crap like Jersey Shore. Not sure why anyone watches that.....

6. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor New Member

Oh sons of guns I knew was bull**** from their first episode where I forget who wanted a underbarrel shotgun and they said its not been done before blah blah blah were so smart blah blah and they cut up a saiga 12ga and I guess with the confusion and having their licenses revoked they never heard of the masterkey 12ga and theres another one ive seen thats semi what not sure of the name. They are all a bunch of bull****ters the only one with a brain was Vince , the guy who had to take up for will since his license was taken away and they treated him like **** so he did right buy leaving he even started his own gunsmithing company

7. rdm6680

rdm6680 New Member

Tv is for losers! ;)

8. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

I will watch Sons of Guns but I take it for what it is, "A TV Show". It is no more real than any other show. It is like watching "Walker Texas Ranger". I know that The Texas Rangers don't chase criminals through downtown Dallas in their cars shooting at each other, follow it with a foot chase and when they catch them drop their guns and challenge the bad guy to a karate fight but Istill watch the show.

9. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

:eek: WTH! Now I will never be able to watch Walker the same way :mad::D

10. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

11. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

If you ask me it`s just Jersey Shore with guns.............

12. therewolf

therewolf New Member

One can only hope EVERYONE realizes these shows

are lampooning gun owners and shooting. With very little

basis for fact, and extremely questionable safety and

responsibility paradigms. I wind up involuntarily jumping

out of my seat, from outrage, every time I watch these shows.

Nobody could possibly believe any of these shows is real...

13. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I'm glad I read this, I felt so bad that they were doing that to a family heirloom when I was watching the show.

But just about everything on the show is so obviously planned; from the interviews to the stupid target shoots during the reveals. some of the ppl on the show have such feigned enthusiasm it shows clearly.

the dude on last night's show that they built a shotgun mount onto his Harley...wait a shotgun mount on the handlebars of his Harley??? Yeah. And the cat (a New Yorker, obviously) was such a bad actor (well, he's NOT an actor so that explains that) you could see that in spite of the words that were coming out of his mount it s not genuine.

but then again, Paige is a cutie!

14. Marthor

Marthor New Member

I'm glad to hear the prices are scripted because that was the one thing that often didn't make sense. It's an All-American family and the guns they build are beautiful. You can't script how awesome those guns are! The sweet cherry on top is seeing them shot at the end.

When I moved from Virginia to California this year, I made sure to stop by their Gunsmoke Gunshop in Denver on my way. It makes the show funner to have been inside and then see those things on TV.

[​IMG]

I like a lot of shows on Discovery, some are more obviously scripted like The Devil's Ride comes off as 100% scripted almost comically obvious, but I still like the show anyway.

I like Sons of Guns, Gold Rush, Bearing Sea Gold, there's always an entertaining show that I like on that channel.

15. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

that show the devil's ride is embarrassing if you ask me. It's a wonder Kurt Sutter doesn't *****slap the producers of that show on general principal alone. Yeah, I'm sure a real biker gang wants a camera crew filming them all day and night. GMAB!!

I'm sure Sonny Barger gets a huge laugh from that show.

My all out favorites are the pawn shop and the picker shows, there're a few of them. At least they're somewhat educational. that Hardcore Pawn is a bloody riot. I spent lots of time in the area where that shop is, and let me tell you it ain't a pretty part of town. In all my 45 years, I've done lot's of travelling but my travels never took me to Vegas. I can't wait to get there just so I can meet the Pawn Star crew, but I digress...

16. 25-5

25-5 New Member

I agree with Therewolf. The shows are misrepresenting safe shooters. Try "The Gun Nuts".

17. rachilders

rachilders New Member

Same here. If you've watched the two shows for a while you may have also noticed that AG is looking more and more like SOG. AG's people normally like to build guns for people where the guns are already available, then sells their gun at outrageously inflated prices. SOG usually takes guns already available then rebuilds them into something different from the original.

18. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Great little mini rant...true to form from what little Walker Texas Ranger format I've seen. And that's just plain funny.

None of the reality gun shows interest me much. "Sons" and "American" are both littered with interesting guns that are well beyond my wallet and needs.

19. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Big ditto :(