Anyone want some tea? I hear there is going to be a tea party soon...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by sculker, Jun 21, 2008.

1. sculker

sculker New Member

2. Quasi

Quasi New Member

This bill is disturbing and has to be stopped.

Take note, however, that it is sponsored by REPUBLICANS not Democrats. Maybe time to reassess some of those party assumptions?

Rep. Mark Kirk [R, IL-10]
    and 3 Co-Sponsors
    Rep. Michael Castle [R, DE-0]
    Rep. Michael Ferguson [R, NJ-7]
    Rep. Christopher Shays [R, CT-4]

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/110-h6257/show

3. Boris

Boris New Member

What does it propose exactly?..........

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

It is more draconian then the original assault weapons ban. It even goes so far as to ban lever action rifles. :mad:
    See my signature line for my true feelings.

5. ScottG

ScottG New Member

It is bizarre that anyone would even bother introducing such a bill. Banning nearly everything is patently unconstitutional. If the DC ban is overturned, such bills like the one introduced will be a waste of time passing. Not to mention the fact that there are quite a few people who would forcefully disobey such laws.

Do these clowns really think that no one would resist? Are they that stupid or arrogant to believe that someone wouldn't try to end their careers permanently? Maybe they think the country would go for it? Maybe they think Americans are somnolent slaves? Perhaps this might just wake the sleeping giant. Take heed, you fools, to the fate of Japan....

6. Chester

Chester New Member

I feel the reason for this is in our future,A time for total population control IS on the horizon. Thats the only way the politicians who will screw us over will be able to feel safe.

7. Chuck

Chuck New Member

Tarring and feathering some politicians comes to mind too.

[​IMG]