Anyone using an ACOG TA01/TA31 scope?

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Force4000, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Force4000

Force4000 New Member

No I am not referring to the $1000 Trijicon version. I am looking to see if anyone has mounted a illuminating replica of a TA01 or TA31 to there AK and how they felt about it.

2. AleksiR

AleksiR New Member

Many of those ACOG replicas are meant for airsoft toys and I don't think they'll hold up too well with the AKs recoil.

3. Force4000

Force4000 New Member

Yea thats what i figured, most the ad's say "will work with real firearms" but I have a feeling a few rounds will throw the sight right off.

4. jamesb

jamesb New Member

I'd never trust an Airsoft replica on a real gun.

5. akm47nagiont

akm47nagiont New Member

I would only on a 22

6. Force4000

Force4000 New Member

Ok thanks for the advice. Saved me a few bucks before I made a bad buy lol

7. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

If you just want the ACOG "look", there are optics that are very similar in appearance, but are for actual firearms. Bushnell makes one for around $150.

image-2312466677.jpg

Sun optics has one for around $120.

image-2734511301.jpg

I can't attest to the quality of Sun, but bushnell has always worked well for me.

Check Natchez shooters supply.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  8. Force4000

Force4000 New Member

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

typically speaking only high end optics for firearms will work on airguns because the recoil forces go in the opposite direction.
    firearm recoils back-airgun forward
    the forward motion will loosen the lenses of the optic because its reinforced in the opposite direction
    high end scopes are usually made well enough to take the abuse but why put a $1000 scope on an airgun?
    as for an airgun scope on a firearm, i dont know, it would be interesting to try
    If you keep an eye on ebay you can actually get acogs relatively cheap. they are usually mil-surp or just happened to walk away in someones duffle

10. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

I've always been advised against buying optics on eBay....that said however, it's usually in reference to high end stuff because of counterfeiters. You'd prob be safe at that price range, tho. But again, I would personally wait for one of the guys who has experience with Sun products to comment because I have ZERO experience with them. They could be really good, I just don't know.

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I have three Trijicon ACOGs. Yes, they're expensive. But extremely high quality always is.

Eventually, I intend to equip two more of my rifles with ACOGs.

They're worth every penny of that $1,000.