Anyone used Black Hawk Custom in FL for Cerakote?

Discussion in 'Engraving & Refinishing' started by ZeusEcho, Jun 13, 2013.

1. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

Just looking for some feedback on Black Hawk Custom in Davie FL. if you've had Cerakote work done there.

I'm considering having them do an AR15 Upper, Lower, Buffer Tube and Rail. They quoted $200 which is a little high compared to what I've heard others have payed, but I don't mind paying for quality.

Any experiences with them or feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. PistolGuRu

PistolGuRu New Member

Thats about average.

I had my AR done at Dynamic Concepts Firearms & Training. They are awesome and did a great job. photo 4.jpg

3. ZeusEcho

Thanks PistolGuRu! That looks badass! I'm trying to keep it local for me so that's why I was looking at Black Hawk Custom.

4. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

A lot of prep goes into refinishing a firearm especially one like yours. Depending on the finish that it already has, the shop may have to rough up the finish by media blasting or parkerizing the parts prior to painting so that the paint will adhere properly. The price quoted you is a fair one in my opinion. That is what I charge.

5. ZeusEcho

I should clarify, by a little high I meant $200 but allot of people have been paying $175 or less. I understand the prep, I used to paint motorcycles and was a PPG certified tech as was my shop. Like I said I have no problem paying a little more if the job is done right.

It sounds like black hawk custom does it right as he said they blast everything per cerakote specs. Just wanted to make sure they do the rest of the job right and get full coverage in the areas especially on the BAR rail that will be difficult to get to.