Anyone use this deep conceal holster

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Strongwood, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Strongwood

Strongwood New Member

I am looking to purchase a deep conceal holster and I have come across this product as well as many others like it

I was wondering if I could get any opinions or reviews from anyone familiar with something like this?

SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfW0bBgnSFw]YouTube - Concealment Holster Review: SmartCarry Holster[/ame]

I have a S&W 638 that would be something I would use with this as I feel my XDM 3.8 9MM would be a bit too large and bulky. I have a Super Tuck Deluxe for that one

Thanks for the info in advance

2. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member

Demonstration

In recent months; I have seen this system up close and personal. Daughter to the family, demonstrated, I asked her to sit, stand sideways, bend, lean, and turn so I could look from the back:) ''very'' cute, by the way.

''daughter'' small framed, shapely, with ''lady like'' blue jeans; fitting very properly.

Father showed up; and did the demonstration. Small framed gentleman, with blue jeans

At no time was I able to see any sign or signs of anything. It appeared natural, and comfortable.

About the only question I didn't ask her; when you go to the bathroom; what happens to the unit.

3. hnealg

hnealg New Member

I have one for my Glock 19 and G36, it is good deep concealment--very comfortable, relatively easy access, nearly impossible to detect. They are made in three sizes to accommodate a wide range of guns (I use the medium).

The only problem is going to a public restroom--I recommend using the stall, with the holster properly positioned "in the way", the needed manipulations might look a little suspect while standing at a urinal.

(By the way, the lower you wear the Smart Carry, the more it "disappears".)

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I wouldn't mind playing with one but I'm not sold from just the video.

5. DrJason

DrJason New Member

I have one. Works very well. But pants or jeans can't be too fitted, otherwise it will show.

I also, have a buddy that was the one that told me about it, he's been using one for years and also speaks highly of them.

6. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I have a "Thunderwear" holster which is identical to the Smart carry.
    They are very comfortable to wear, but it is a pain in the a$$ when you have to go to the bathroom.
    I only use mine if theres no other way to carry.

7. dantfitz

dantfitz New Member

Am I the only the only one that laughed when he demonstrated how to take the "strong" hand and retrieve the gun. Insert your own joke here.

8. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

There's no way I would want that holster, no way.

9. DrJason

DrJason New Member

Trust me, its not my 1st choice or even 2nd, but there are times when it is wearing this or not carrying, and it does work and is relatively comfortable.

10. Strongwood

Strongwood New Member

Thanks for the info

yeah, a couple of things bother me,

1) I don't want to blow off my junk

2) I tend to drive and drink coffee, sometimes the bathroom is a panic stop :) so any hesitation in turning it loose is a negative

with that being said, I am a short and possess a kinda duffel-bag looking build and it is hard to conceal comfortably with an IWB This would allow me to carry more often

I was also thinking on using this holster while riding my Harley

So far I am still undecided but am open to suggestions from other "duffel bags" on other ways to carry comfortably *grin*

11. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Not being a smarta$$ but what situation would dictate this giddyup or not carrying? Inquiring minds want to know.

12. DrJason

DrJason New Member

Mainly if I'm in a suit and am pretty sure I'm going to be taking the coat off, which is why I almost never take the coat off and just carry IWB but in summer that can get hot.... I have thought about the Crossbred but am still worried the clips and tucking the shirt around it would be noticeable.

13. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

I have 2 Crossbreeds, one for my CZ82 and one for my XD45 and have had no issues with concealment. The clips are pretty nondescript. You can also get the Crossbreed with "J" clips that don't go over the belt.

14. spittinfire

Try these....

V-Clip

The only thing that would show is the part exposed from the top of your trousers to the top of you belt which is almost nothing.

15. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I think this holster would work great in a pair of shorts or some kind of workout clothes.

I don't think I would want a hard, metal, and loaded weapon right next to my "gun" while riding my Harley! :eek:

It would indeed pose a problem when using the latrine.

It looks like once you draw your choice of carry gun from it, you will have to undo your pants to re-holster it.

And, now I know what Al Bundy was prepared for all those years sitting on the couch. ;)

[​IMG]

16. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

That right there is funny and probably spot on:D

17. spittinfire

I don't know about that. Seems to me like it would want to slap you in the junk with every step if you went running.

Hey, what about a jock strap with a built in holster? Anyone up for a range trip? I've got a new carry piece you can try. :eek:

18. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs New Member

i'm thinking this device wouldn't work well for someone like me, who has dunlap disease. My belly "done lapped" over my belt. :D

19. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

The crossbreed design is a much better option imo. :cool:

20. pabstman

pabstman New Member

I think that is looks to work well. But I am way to attached to my man hood to want to carry that way!