Anyone tried the GSG STG 44

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by samnev, Dec 9, 2013.

1. samnev

samnev New Member

Has anyone tried these 22lr clones of the MP 44? I am wondering if they are reliable and what type of accuracy they get @ 50 yards.

2. mag318

mag318 Member

I have one and it is a really fun gun to shoot. The rifle has been totally reliable with good quality high velocity ammunition and is capable of 2" groups at 50 yards. The only annoying aspect is that once you break it out at a public range everyone wants to shoot it. If you're a WWII buff like I am I highly recommend one. It's heavy so you're not going to lug it around hunting. But for a fun range rifle it's fantastic.

Attached Files:

3. samnev

samnev New Member

Thanks for the reply. I bought one a week ago but haven't had a chance to shoot it due to very cold temps in the mountains of AZ. I bought it because I have a mint all matching MP 44 that I won't shoot due to possible parts breakage making the MP 44 a mismatch and lack of parts and even if you can find them they are very expensive

4. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Going to be 60 tomorrow in the verde valley where I am....we're shooting outdoors tomorrow...

5. samnev

samnev New Member

Same here in Prescott. But Sunday is football day but Monday a Tuesday look fine. Probably go out both days as I have a number of rifles I have to site in beside the GSG STG 44.

6. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Didn't realize you were on the other side of the Mtn. from us! I'm In Clarkdale, at the bottom of the hill from Jerome......

7. samnev

samnev New Member

Gsg stg 44

I am 22 years removed from East Moriches, LI. The GSG STG 44 worked flawlessly and was quite accurate at 25 and 50 yards. The windage sight was right on when centered. The front site blade seems to be too high as the rear sight had to be elevated near he top of its range with both brands (Winchester and Federal) ammunition. So It will have to be slowly filed down to register properly. That is exactly what the video review on you tube showed.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013