Anyone still carry

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by niteglock, May 10, 2014.

1. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Is there anyone still carrying an xd9sc. Not xdm or xds. Im just curious if everyone has upgraded to the xdm compacts or xds and put away the original xd sub.

2. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I'm sure plenty do. It's one of many good options, the specifics of which come down to personal tastes.

But count me among the XDm/XDs crowd. I have an XDM45, XDs9 4.0, and XDs45 3.3. I plan to add an XDm 5.25 at some point.

I had a 4" XD45 compact. Really good gun. The additions of the guns mentioned above simply rendered it obsolete for my tastes. 'Obsolete' doesn't mean it's not a viable gun...just unlikely to be called upon given the other options at hand. I'd still trust a version 1.0 Springfield XD to do anything I asked of it, 8 days a week.

3. Dahamp2003

Dahamp2003 New Member

I carry one. Just got it back from Springfield where they refinished the slide and other metal parts for free. Here she is, good as new....

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  4. niteglock

niteglock New Member

How did you get the slide refinished for free???

5. stans1xd

stans1xd New Member

Yes, all the time. The XD9SC fits me perfectly, shoots accurately, I'm happy, no reason to change.

6. Dahamp2003

Dahamp2003 New Member

Easy..... It's called email. Lol seriously though I just sent CS an email saying my slide was turning slightly and they didn't even ask for pictures. Sent a prepaid shipping label, sent it off, 2 weeks later boom. Brand new looking gun. Freeeeee

7. arizona98tj

arizona98tj New Member

I still have mine and carry it every now and then. It goes to the range once in a while and gets a box or two of ammo through it on various drills, etc. I wasn't usually carrying it when I got my XDs45 so it wasn't like it got "retired". I enjoy shooting the XD9sc....it is one of my favorite XD pistols.