Anyone speed load their BX-25?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Scratchammo, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I have a Butler Creek speed loader & I plan to use it on a new BX-25 mag. Has anyone tried this? Any issues?

2. Blackbeard1718

Blackbeard1718 New Member

I bought the same thing last week, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. I'd be interested to know as well.

Cheers!

BB

3. sola7

sola7 New Member

I have the same loader and just picked up a couple of BX mags. They don't load as easy as the Butler Creek mags but it does work. You just can go as fast and sometimes you have turn the knob back and work it in. But the trade off is well worth it, those Butler Creek mags would always jam on me. Strange too because my buddy has the same mags and they work flawlessly with his 10/22.

4. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Thanks for the info. I refuse to handload banana mags.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive got the butler creek loader it works like you describe with the bx25 slow but faster and better than thumb busting.

6. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Scratch, where did you find said speed loader? I'd like to pick one up

7. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I just picked up a BX-25 today. While not as fluent it does indeed load from a Butler Creek speed loader. The trick for me is when the wheel is met with resistance turn it back just a hair & then forward again, repeat 24 more times.