Anyone shot a american classic 2 1911?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by monkeytalks, Jul 19, 2012.

1. monkeytalks

monkeytalks New Member

Any experience on this 1911?

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

as the owner of my second one, they are one of the under-rated 1911's on the market along with the RIA 1911's. often overlooked because of their price and country of origin. because of this, people are depriving themselves of a good quality 1911 that has decent accuracy, good reliability and a good price point. my first was the AC II Government model, and the second one, an AC Commander. i have had very results with both of mine and wouldn't hesitate in the least at buying another. of reading reviews of others who own and shoot them, there are very few if any negative remarks about them, with many suprised at how well they function for such a bargain priced 1911. now if you are buying one and expecting the level of accuracy of a Wilson Combat, or the fit and finish of a Colt, then you might have some disappointment, but all in all, they are very much worth ever dime spent on them.

3. DallasShooter

DallasShooter New Member

My AC II has been a great pistol. Excellent fit and finish and not a single problem with more than a thousand rounds down the pipe.

4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I own one. From what I read, the full size models are great. The commander like I have are known for feeding problems, and the compact model seems to suffer from the same.

5. monkeytalks

monkeytalks New Member

Thanks for the input guys,I'll check one out today.

6. Axxe55

i had read that about the Commanders too about feed problems. they must have sorted it out though, because mine feeds everything very well and so far not one feed problem. the only issue i have is that every third or fourth round, it will send a spent case out hitting me in the top of the head. more aggravating than anything. kind of breaks my concentration when trying to shoot for accuracy! otherthan that, it has fed 230 gr FMJ ammo, as well as my 200 gr Hornady XTP reloads i make for my 1911's. and i did have the full size Government model and it shot anything put through it. the MetroArms pistols are IMO, a very good choice for a 1911.

7. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

I have the commander series american classic 2 and had failure to eject issues as well as failure to feed changed my main spring firing pin spring, extractor and recoil spring to Wilson combat. 22 pound recoil spring by the way have had no issues sense prob 1500 round sense the change

8. monkeytalks

monkeytalks New Member

Good to hear about the positives with this gun,for the price it's also hard to beat.

9. Axxe55

the American Classic, RIA and High Standard, and even Citadel pistols are incredible values in 1911's and vastly under-rated. they are excellent choices for the beginner wanting to venture into the 1911 platform and also good choices for someone wanting to build a custom 1911 without spending a fortune. with a little work, they can build a really nice custom 1911 on a budget.

10. MrWray

MrWray New Member

+1 for obvious reasons :)