Anyone Shoot These?

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by PanBaccha, Feb 15, 2013.

1. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Anybody shoot these things? Normally I shoot Golden Tigers or Brown Bear. However due to the incredible shortage of ammo in this country (by federal design, I suppose), I am leaning toward purchasing this particular brand. Anyone hear anything on it, pro or con? :confused:

Attached Files:

• 7.62.jpg
      7.62.jpg
      File size:
      31.4 KB
      Views:
  2. 762

762 Member

never heard of it, but i dont hesitate to shoot anything out of my SKS. i couldnt find anything else, so i just a case of tulammo (yeah, i know)

3. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

Doesn't really matter what you put through an SKS or an AK, they'll take just about anything.

4. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Do you own one?

5. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

No, I'm more of an AR guy

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

might have missed it whats the brand??

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

AK's and SKS's are some of the mst forgiving rifles ever invented. They seem to shoot the cheapest, dirtiest, crap ammo the best.

8. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Send over a few hundred. I will give you a range report. Seriously, in this market if you can get them and the price doesn't hurt too bad, I think you'll be fine. Like others have said, those are "mikey rifles", they'll eat anything.

9. indy36

indy36 New Member

I look at it this way, my AK lives a pampered life. It's locked away. Its climate is controlled. It's clean 100% of the time. It's lubed with the latest and greatest products. It's never dropped or scratched, in fact, it's straight up loved...but you know what? It probably longs to be dirty and shoot crappy white box ammo.

10. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

That's just it. Made in Russia without a brand name.

11. eagle111

eagle111 New Member

Yep; it's Klimovsk (sp) ammo.....I have a couple hundred rounds but haven't shot any yet but it appears to be put together as well as any just by looking at it.

12. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I haven't used that ammo but also suspect it would work. I've had no problems with any 7.62x39 I've tried in my WASR and SKS, even old 1960's milsurp.

13. 762

762 Member

the only problem i've ever had with my SKS is feeding problems and that's from me swapping out the factory mag for a detachable. if it can make it into the chamber, it's fired. and i've always bought the cheap crap from where ever i could find it. i used to live near an Academy and they sold this stuff for $2.99 a box. man, i might slip it to my mama if i could get 762x39 for that now.

14. JerryOnly

JerryOnly New Member

For target shooting I'd say go for it. For defense I steer clear of the bimetal jacket Russian Fmj stuff. Anything with the 8m3 JHP bullet buy it up or m67 stuff with a true copper jacket. I buy up as much 8m3 stuff or Hornady ballistic tip stuff I can find.

15. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

When ammo says "non-corrosive", it's not :D

Never shot that brand before but like others are saying, the sks or ak models don't have preferences. 123 grains seems in the ballpark! Good luck

16. Devin556

Devin556 New Member

Where can you find that and so they have any 7.62x54R?

17. Jerrysriggs

Jerrysriggs New Member

I have shot quite a bit. My Ruger 77 loves the hollow point version, will put 3 shots through a quarter at 100yrd.

18. rednekked

rednekked New Member

I've put about 500 rounds of that through my norinco AK without a single ftf/fte. accuracy is relatively good for cheap bulk ammo, and it didn't seem to shoot any dirtier than wolf or tulamo

19. chevyforlife1972nova

chevyforlife1972nova New Member

that stuff is good but there was a recall and I wont shoot it some corrosive military primers some how made it into the line saw on another forum it killed a polytech thats why even if the box says non corrosive I clean like it is corrosive

20. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I believe thats the same stuff I got from the sportsmans warehouse. Its good cheap ammo and ive never had a problem from it.