Anyone remember Hee Haw

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ScottA, Jul 22, 2013.

1. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

[ame]http://youtu.be/Il9EQOyhmXQ[/ame]

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I used to love that show. God I feel old!

3. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Thanks for the memories.
    My Sons and I watched every week.

4. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

I can remember watching the very first episodes. :D

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJv_YXIXBsE&feature=fvwp[/ame]

Just try this after 2 beers.....

6. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

My grand parents had a small farm where they grew enough corn and hay to feed enough cows to feed them.

My uncle and aunt would usually visit her side of the family on Saturday nights. His very young sons would call our common grandparents "Grandma and Grandpa Moo" and their other grandparents "Grandma and Grandpa hee haw"

7. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

O Hell Yes !..................

8. tri70

tri70 New Member

Back when TV was decent and funny, no drama every show on every channel! I love Carol Burnett too!

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QCz8he36hsk[/ame]

9. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBX4MXR7FOo[/ame]

10. tri70

tri70 New Member

11. stratrider

stratrider New Member

I was force fed Hee Haw at an early age :mad: , lol. I grew to like it in small doses.

12. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

it was one of the few shows my grandfather liked and i would sit with him an watch as a youngster. great show that brings back memories of my grandfather's laughter.

13. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Yep, I thought Archie Campbell was gone. Then I saw a picture of Texas Possum on this forum. He seems to alive and well in Ft. Worth.:D

14. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

i got a few DVDs of Hee Haw shows for when I need a good funny bone yanking ;)

15. steve666

steve666 New Member

I still watch reruns every once in a while on one of the obscure cable channels

16. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

It was a fun show to watch. I was a Buck Owens fan.

17. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

WONDERFUL childhood memories....

Saturday morning started early in my house... You got up around 5 or 5:30 (I still do to this day.. My bride from Long Island NY doesn't understand it.. But that's another thread for another day.) ...You feed and tended the livestock (we had chickens, rabbits and for a while, a goat)... then you came in and had breakfast AS A FAMILY. Daddy would have index cards each with a needed household chore on it... "Pick a card, ANY card!" he would say to me and my 2 brothers. IF you had done that particular chore the week before you got to choose another card or trade with someone (didn't want to burn out on the same work week after week...) Then you went out and got to it... Tending crops (small supplemental gardening... My Daddy was an SBI agent by trade and Momma was a teacher)... Chopping wood, mowing grass and landscaping, washing the cars tractor or truck, etc etc.... Lunch was usually at the local farm supply counter... a fresh hotdog or hamburger, GLASS bottle of soda and either a bag of chips or peanuts... Maybe a Moonpie if you had the $$ from your allowance.... All for $1.25..... If we finished early (and we usually did) we spent the late afternoon fishing our pond, dirt biking or target shooting... then tend the animals again before going inside and washing up for supper (that's Southern Rural for "dinner" the late evening meal). My favorite was Momma's country fried stake with mashed sweet potatos and stringbeans.

After the dishes were done and everything put away we'd settle in and what would be on at 7:00 ???? That's right... Hee Haw !!! I remember going headlong into adolescence and dreaming about chasing those girls though those cornfields!!! ...OH and there was some great music on there too;
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1viWwHHvp40[/ame]
    Those people became like family to me.... Then we'd watch (when it was on..) the Mary Tyler Moore show.... .followed by the Bob Newhart Show.... and then the Carroll Burnett Show.
    Wonderful, wonderful memories. I live in the suburbs now... Daddy is gone as is the family land (sold to developers)... Momma retired to a condo on the NC coast... Brothers moved to follow school, work, their own families' needs.... can't wait for my son to move on to college, military... me & the wife to retire... Then sell this place-on-a-postage stamp and move West to the Mountains. I want a rural existence again and to feel that self-reliance and fresh plowed field smell once more!!! ...and the first thing I'm gonna buy (after a tractor) is every episode of Hee Haw on DVD I can get !!!!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  18. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Oh ya!!! Loved that show when I was a kid. Every Saturday night mom , dad and other family and friends would play canasta and the kids would terrorize the neighborhood except for the 1 hour Hee Haw was on.

19. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

Watched that show every week, had to my father liked it. Also had to watch Midwestern Hayride.

20. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Porter Waggoner and Dolly Parton! :D