Anyone own a Walther P99 AS 9mm?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by HeatSpitta510, Jul 10, 2013.

1. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

The more I research this pistol the more I want one...looking for feedback on this firearm.

2. Trombo1

Trombo1 New Member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

HMMM. I did not know MR was partnered with Walther on this project. I bought two S&W 99's for my lefty wife a while back. A full size and a compact. Both are .40's. To set her up with a 9mm in the same platform looks interesting.

4. GonzoGeezer

GonzoGeezer New Member

Walther supplies the frames, MR the slides and barrels. Assembled in the US.

Does the MR have the AS trigger of the P99 or the SA trigger if the PPQ?

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

The as has a single/double action trigger.
    I had the compact. It was a great gun, accurate and reliable.
    The thing that I have found is many people cannot get used to the trigger. They generally either want a single action or a double action. Not a gun that switches.
    The gun is basically a glock with a bunch of bells and whistles added on.
    Try before you buy. It is an expensive gun. I paid nearly $1000 for mine. I sold it for $600. The guy that bought it couldn't get used to the trigger and sold it a month later for Maybe $500.

6. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

My Sig p229 is a single action double action..I seen the p99 as pistols for sale online brand new (but out of stock) ) with $589-$600 price tags ..I ended up buying a gen4 glock 19...lovin it so far

7. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

My p229 has an SA/DA trigger and it doesn't switch between them. First pull is da the rest are SA simple as that. It takes about as much time to get used to that as it takes to get used to not having to drop a safety before firing.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I loved it. You can even give the slide on the p99 a 1/3 pull back and go right to double action on the first shot.