Anyone own a 9mm Walther P99?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by HeatSpitta510, Jul 10, 2013.

1. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

The more I research this pistol the more I want one.... Looking for feedback on this beauty

Attached Files:

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have the S&W twins to that. SW99 full size and compact. Nice guns. Got them for my wife because they are lefty friendly. They shoot well and are pretty much worry free. The S&W and the Walther use the same mags.

3. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

So hard to find.. I really want the P99as

4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I owned a P99QA quite a few years ago. Out of a LOT of guns I've owned over the years, that is the one that sticks out in my mind as the worst gun I've ever owned.

The accuracy was horrendous. The mag release that blended with the trigger guard was uncomfortable and hard to get used to. The trigger was mediocre at best. And the recoil in .40 was unpleasant.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I had the p99c as.
    Fantastic gun once it had night sights on it. It was my carry gun for about 2 years. Very accurate and reliable.
    The thing to consider with the gun is the trigger. Some people just can't get used to the single/double action. The other minor issue is the price. It is essentially an over engineered and over priced glock.
    I personally loved the gun and all the bells and whistles it has.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013