Anyone like Gene Simmons?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by string1946, Apr 11, 2014.

1. string1946

string1946 New Member

2. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

OHELLYES, who don`t like Gene Simmons & KISS !.............I say if you don`t at least like em a little, if nothing else for that right there you must belong to Al Qaeda.........

3. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Girrafe tongue...........

I'd say to a certain extent, I'm looking thru the old play boys to see iffin his daughter is made of the same material as her mom................Something about Tweed.............Or is that clothing...............;)

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

5. string1946

string1946 New Member

Yeah who the heck is Shannon Tweed? :cool:

6. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

While I consider myself a KISS fan (first concert I ever went to back in 77 on the Rock N Rollover tour!! Cheap Trick opened!!)... I have a love/hate thing about Gene. I find it indefensible that there are two essentially "imposters" wearing Ace & Peter's makeup and playing their songs. IMHO... Kiss has become a tribute band... and we already have those around.
    At least he finally married Shannon!!...
    And for better or worse... I agree with most of his political stances. From the Wiki page on him;
    Political Views:
    Simmons was a supporter of the foreign policy of the George W. Bush administration.[7] He supported the 2003 invasion of Iraq, writing on his website: "I'm ashamed to be surrounded by people calling themselves liberal who are, in my opinion, spitting on the graves of brave American soldiers who gave their life to fight a war that wasn't theirs...in a country they've never been to... simply to liberate the people therein".[8] In a follow-up, Simmons explained his position and wrote about his love and support for the United States: "I wasn't born here. But I have a love for this country and its people that knows no bounds. I will forever be grateful to America for going into World War II, when it had nothing to gain, in a country that was far away... and rescued my mother from the Nazi German concentration camps. She is alive and I am alive because of America. And, if you have a problem with America, you have a problem with me."[8]

During the 2006 Lebanon War between Israel and Lebanon, Simmons sent a televised message of support (in both English and Hebrew) to an Israeli soldier seriously wounded in fighting in Lebanon, calling him his "hero."[9]

In 2010, Simmons said he regretted voting for Barack Obama and criticized the 2009 health care reforms.[10] Following Obama's 2011 Mideast speech, in which the President called on Israel and the Palestinians to negotiate a settlement "based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps,"[11] Simmons told CNBC that Obama was gravely misguided. "If you have never been to the moon, you can't issue policy about the moon. For the president to be sitting in Washington D.C. and saying, 'Go back to your '67 borders in Israel' – how about you live there and try to defend an indefensible border – nine miles wide?" Simmons also accused the United Nations of being "the most pathetic body on the face of the earth."[12]

During his visit to Israel in 2011, he stated that the artists refusing to perform in Israel for political reasons are "stupid," referring to artists who canceled planned concerts in Israel.[13]

In an April 2012 interview, Simmons endorsed Republican Mitt Romney for President, stating as well that "America should be in business and it should be run by a businessman."[14]

If the man drank (he doesn't partake.. of alcohol that is), I would have a beer with him.... But he'd probably charge me to do that.

7. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I like ANYBODY who doesn't like our current POTUS. And I don't care if he wears make-up.

8. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Lol...............

Dang younger generation....................Jane Russel, use to do bra commercials..........Go figure, and she did have a figure............:D:D:D Genes all right in my book, the little I've seen of his show. He's not one you want to watch your back tho...................Un less his money buys the guns and ammo..............Mo tweed please..............;):D

9. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Been a Fan Since my Teens. Grew Up with Ace's Brothers In the Bronx! Have never met Gene In Person..but received a Nice Call from him "Thanking me" for serving when my Brother wrote him that I was an Wounded Vet...Just wish he had less "drama" with Ace & Peter. One of the reasons I did NOT watch The Induction last night. The founding members were not allowed to play.....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

10. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Believe it or not, his son and he were standing in line next to me for a movie when I was in Beverley Hills. We sat together and I was impressed with his intelligence and ability to speak on almost any subject. He is friendly, intelligent, and thinks for himself, not at all like our current troupe of "stars." He was actually more entertaining than the movie was. :)

11. TerryM

TerryM New Member

I may be an old fart but HELL YES Been a KISS fan from way back in the early 70's.:D

12. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Oh hell no. Well his music anyhoo.

13. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Ok after reading about he had said, I've changed my mind. I like the dude! But that "music" still sucks.

14. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

NO, not The Who !...........KISS..........

15. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Actually... Gene and Paul couldn't seem to come to terms with Peter and Ace about that. It was never a case of not being allowed...
    But it's not the first time (and probably won't be the last). Creedance Clearwater Revival couldn't reconcile ... Neither could Elvis Costello and the (original) Attractions... Blondie practically got into a fistfight on stage during their induction about past issues with each other. At least the 4 original did make nice during the ceremony.

To me, the one's who stole the show last night was (what was left of ) Nirvana.... They not only reconciled between each other and Kurt's widow and family (Courtney Love even hugged them).. but got Joan Jett, Kim Gordon (of Sonic Youth) and played... THEN they went down the street to a club and played a set in front of 300 people. So with all due respect to the Kiss Nation... it really was Nirvana doing it "for the fans" last night.
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGCEr87IOAU[/ame]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  16. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

KISS was just on the Tonight Show !....................

17. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Axe buddy... I love ya man... but I feel the exact opposite about Ted. The best music he ever made was with the Amboy Dukes and his solo stuff w/ Derek St. Homes.. but he is an admitted draft dodger and pedophile. He admits sleeping with several underage girls throughout his travels and even lived with one as his common law wife for years... (Google it!! Too many sources about it to list just one here!!)... and I find him to be a bragger, loud mouth and a bully. He does NOT represent the average American gun owner.

Now Tom Selleck on the other hand.... I would LOVE to see him get more involved in politics. Not only would I vote for him in any election I could, but I would work for his campaign!!

18. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Hell bent..............

The day the music died.....................:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

19. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Shannon Tweed - Hot Dog The Movie!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuv2oyvTJbI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuv2oyvTJbI[/ame]

20. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I agree 100%. Ted Nugent is great at preaching to the choir. He is a good fund raiser. But at the end of the day Ted belongs behind the scenes.