Anyone know what kind of handgun this is?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by AdAstra2009, Aug 22, 2009.

1. AdAstra2009

AdAstra2009 New Member

This is a gun from a movie and I'm curious as to what kind of gun it is. (the one on the right)
    [​IMG]

2. hawkman1

hawkman1 New Member

By the looks of it, it is not a real gun.

At first look, the one thing that caught my attention is the frame. The slide looks like it came from a Beretta 92. In looking closely to the frame, it also looks like it had came from a Beretta 92. I then checked Beretta's website and compared the pics between what you had posted and a Beretta 92 FS and the slide and frame look identical.

Now you are probably wondering about the 1911 look that they have. If you look closely in the pic that you provided, there is a line that is close to the muzzle of the weapon about an inch or two towards the back of the gun. I would have to presume that this is were they attached the 1911 look of a slide onto the gun to fit the look that they want.

That is what I can see and I would be very surprised if this gun really did exist. But, I could be wrong too.

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

It si a Beretta 92 with a compensator on the end of it.

The revolver looks like a Ruger GP101.

the mag next to the revolver is a 1911 mag.

Ammo is 45acp.

4. AdAstra2009

AdAstra2009 New Member

Well I'm convinced that it is some kind of beretta 92 but Do they even make beretta 92 slides where the barrel is not exposed?

5. hawkman1

hawkman1 New Member

That is because it is a gun that was constructed from a bunch of guns to make it look a certain way. I would bet that the 1911 portion of the gun also goes on the top of the gun to cover the barrel.

What movie did this come from?

6. AdAstra2009

AdAstra2009 New Member

Léon: The Professional

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

HOLY CRAP FLASH GORDON.

IT is from a MOVIE. IT IS FAKE.

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Seeing as we are on this topic.

What is this gun and where can I buy it? I think it would work really good for deer hunting.
    30.jpg

9. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

You can get that from any videogame store. I'm not sure the model name, but that gun would be better for moose or bear hunting.

S.S.

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's the new Transformers deer rifle, isn't it? :rolleyes:

11. 1SmartAmerican

1SmartAmerican New Member

What was the movie? This looks like a beretta but may be from the Hollywood propshop.

12. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

That is from Aliens....gotta love that movie :)

13. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

It looks like a frankenstein conglomeration of CZ-75/EAA Witness frame w/Beretta 92/Taurus PT-99 based slide and comp added. Custom. Not likely intended for live ammo, only blanks.

The mag is not 1911. More likely S&W 39ish or single stack 9mm.

14. AdAstra2009

AdAstra2009 New Member

Turns out the handgun in question is a Llama M-82 with compensator & extended magazine release.

[​IMG]

15. DRAEGER

DRAEGER New Member

Hi I am new here... first post...

Gotta clear this one up. Handgun in the first picture is a Taurus PT92/99 with a nicely fitted compensator, not a Beretta or Lama. If you look closely at the safety you will see it is on the frame not the slide.

The ONLY real difference between a Beretta and Taurus pistol is the position of the safety and the magazine release notch on the magazines is a tad smaller, which make for easy modification of the magazine to accept both pistols. My professional and personal experience is that Taurus is the better of the two firearms.

16. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Sorry, I've been around guns a long time and the Taurus PT92 series of guns have an open slide just like the Beretta's. I've owned multiples of the Taurus and Beretta of this type so this is not speculation on my part. You state this as absolute fact so please show us proof that Taurus has ever made a closed slide PT 92. Also, while I prefer the frame mounted safety on the Taurus version, there is no way a Taurus is a "better" gun than a Beretta...

It's a movie gun so it's probably something made by the prop department...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  17. RCHanlin

RCHanlin New Member

Mind filling us in on where your professional experience is coming from? Neither Pt-92 (used to own one) nor the 99 were made with closed slides.

Cheers:)

18. group17

group17 New Member

19. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Fix that... please go and post some on the intro section of the forum... don't start with left foot.

It's a Llama, that is a fact, a Llama M87, it's the sporting version of the Llama M82...
    Llama M82:
    [​IMG]
    Llama M87:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regards.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009