Anyone know of a website that sells cheap 9mm target ammo?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by glock19owner, May 29, 2008.

1. glock19owner

glock19owner New Member

My local store sells a box for around $14. Thinking about buying some bulk ammo and looking for some website suggestions. Thanks!

2. ScottG

ScottG New Member

3. h&k bigdaddydieseldan

h&k bigdaddydieseldan New Member

ammoman.com great prices on ammo and free shipping :D:D:D:D

4. yankee2500

yankee2500 New Member

Hard to beat the price of WalleyWorld for WWB under $20 for 100rds. John

5. G21.45

G21.45 New Member

:) Yup, Wally World! Wait until you see an attractive price on whatever ammo you want. Then ask the clerk to be a nice guy and go back to the stockroom to look inside the ammo locker and count how many boxes of your favorite caliber is in stock.

Sometimes you'll be put off; sometimes, you'll be told none; and sometimes the clerk will come back with a case, or better, of exactly what you want at the best price in town. (There's few things quite as satisfying as walking out of Wal-Mart with a great deal on ammo in the cart! Almost makes you like the place.) ;)

6. Righteous

Righteous New Member

Academy Sports has got Monarch 9mm for 8.69 a box for brass, 7.69 for steel case but its going quick

7. glock19owner

glock19owner New Member

Newbie question here...does it make a difference if it's brass or steel? Or is the difference just in the price. Or is one better for your gun? Thanks

8. G21.45

G21.45 New Member

:) Only if you reload! The Glock factory uses Blazer Aluminium to test fire factory repairs; and, I have shot thousands of aluminium cased rounds in practice.

I don't shoot the Wolf steel-cased pistol ammo; but, so far, nobody's told me it doesn't work. I did use Wolf steel-cased (and lacquered) rifle ammo in my SKS. The lacquer could be a problem - especially when the chamber was nice and hot. That stuff has been off the market for awhile, now, though.

Generally, I'll shoot whatever the gun will run for practice; and, either, the best of my own reloads, or commercial ammunition that I can get for daily carry. ;)

9. mars01

mars01 New Member

UMC ammo

Gander mountain now has a 250 round crate of most handgun cals. for $44.00

10. poolshark13

poolshark13 New Member

i just finished off 1000 rounds of wolf ammo through my sig p226. zero misfires, ftf's, misfeeds, anything. i like to clean my gun every 200 rounds, so as long as you're keeping your gun clean, wolf is fine so far. and i just put 500 wolf rounds through my ak47 yesterday, zero issues. and you can pick it up cheap at a gun show. i got 1000 rounds of 7.62 x 3.9 for about $150. can't remember how much 9mm was, i got a lot of that.

11. G21.45

G21.45 New Member

:rolleyes: Hmmm ..... Would that be for 45 acp? The Gander Mountain store in my area is rarely (if ever) the cheapest; and, UMC ain't the cleanest ammo I've ever fired; but, at $8.80 a box it looks like I'll be calling GM later today to see what they're doing. Thanks!

12. hudd357mag

hudd357mag New Member

I was at Bass Pro Shop today and they had 9mm for $14 a box I think for UMC 50 rounds? Not a great deal. Cabelas had it for 100 rounds for $19.95 and I can usually find Hollow Points at a gun show for the same price. I stocked up years ago spending thousands but now I am gettinglow and need to restock. I bought my last boxes of Winchester and Remington Ammo for like $7 a box (by the case) it was at least 7 years ago tho. Still shoots great. Bought those just at local gun shows whenever I found it.