anyone know of a 3 gun comp in texas

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by Ultimate_sig, May 26, 2012.

1. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I just got my custom built ar and want to get into a 3 gun match. i live in the dfw area a nd does anyone know of any tactical ranges in the area

2. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

How are you on your mag changes and target acquisition under stress and behind a timer w/ a group of guys watching your every move?

3. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I went and shot by myself and did good but when i brought people with me and i was understress i performed alot better. Seems like i focus alot better under stress

4. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

All I can say is dry fire, practice mag changes and get your gear straight then do it all again. And remember you may think you are prepared but you're not. It never fails, something will go wrong.

Knowing you were wanting to shoot 3Gun you would have been better served w/ a longer rail and lighter barrel. Trust me on this one. I may come off like a jerk but I'm only trying to help through my mistakes.

Also make sure you have a good/fast holster and magazine pouches. Position them in a natural manner. I usually let me arms hang then bring them up like I was drawing or grabbing a mag then place the pouches and holster there.

5. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I found a 3 gun master and hes training me i had no idea how much i actually didnt know it amazes me. The trainer said ar is my greatest field and couldnt delive ive never shot one. I need some work on my pistol im curently on pistol 1 and 2. I excelled in rifle 1 and 2. Im going to train for about 3-4 months before i get into a comp

6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I shoot IDPA every month. The club I belong to has started a new 3 gun competition once a month. I plan on getting involved. But because it was their first time I wanted to make sure they had all the safety rules worked out before I joined in. Sounds like a lot of fun.