Anyone know how to zero in a bushnell

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Sicilian13, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Sicilian13

Sicilian13 New Member

I have a smith and wesson mp15 .22 I just put a bushnell trophy red dot ( the one with the T in it) I had a hard time figuring out what nobe dose what.. Is the one on top up and down and the one on the right left and right???? I loss the booklet that came with it

ForumRunner_20120401_131524.jpg

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Top is up/down side is left/right. Pull the caps off and itll tell you which is which and which direction to go to move POA

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

http://www.bushnell.com/products/scopes/riflescopes/instruction-manuals/

Actually I don't know how to zero a scope as I had someone do it for me. But I believe he chose a range he wanted to zero it on at, say 50 yards. He'd put the target in the cross hairs and shoot. Then I think he turned the knobs to adjust either up/down or left/right and shoot again. He continued this until the bullet hit where the cross hairs were. That's what it looked like he was doing.

4. Sicilian13

Sicilian13 New Member

I had the caps off didn't say anything...is clock wise up or down

5. Sicilian13

Sicilian13 New Member

Thats what I did, but just couldn't get it right on the cross hair off by 3in at 25 yards

6. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

The best thing to do, what i do, is put the rifle in a rest. It'll take you, the shooter, out of the equation. The slightest difference in your position can through you off. Also ive never had anyone else zero my weapons, everyone shoots different so what is good for my buddy may not and probably isnt good for me.

7. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Make sure the mount is straight. Tighten down all screws evenly, dont tighten down one completely and go to the next. In some cases that can be enough to mess with your zero.

When i bought my savage .22-250 the scope was already mounted and supposedly boresighted. I couldnt hit anything, someone had tightened down the screws on one side then went to the other. The rings were touching on one side but there was an 1/8 in gap on the other.

8. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Are you shooting off a rest or freehand? If you're sighting in, you want to use a rest. If you're doing it freehand, you have a long day ahead of you unless you're one of the few that never twitch.

9. Sicilian13

Sicilian13 New Member

I'm doing it freehand and yes I have a twick @25 yards

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Yes, I forgot to add you must use a bench rest. Also, my scope mount was loose and had to be re-tightened at some point.

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Sicilian- you said you lost the owner's manual, and did not know which knob did what- the link I sent you is to the owner's manual. And yeah, you need to be shooting off a support- at least a sandbag.

12. Sicilian13

Sicilian13 New Member

This is why I like this app. so much thanks everyone for the advice next I go to the range I'll bring a rest and thanks for.the.links I found the one I need and download it