Firearms Talk banner

Anyone know how to paint an ARD?

974 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  ClemsonSCJ 
#1 ·
I've got an ARD for my rifle (and no, not because I'm trying to be tacticool, but rather because with the Butler Creek cover my sunshade won't screw on and the type shooting I do isn't inhibited at all by leaving the ARD on it all the time) and since I've gone through all the trouble of completely customizing it I want the killflash to match also. So how is it you're supposed to paint these things?

#3 ·
I wouldnt paint the actual honeycomb itself. Just tape over the honeycomb and paint like you would a composite rifle stock.

And no ard's arent tacticool they actually serve a useful purpose in eliminating glare better than a sunshade does

#4 ·
JonM said:
I wouldnt paint the actual honeycomb itself. Just tape over the honeycomb and paint like you would a composite rifle stock.

And no ard's arent tacticool they actually serve a useful purpose in eliminating glare better than a sunshade does
I don't understand what you mean by taping over it and painting. I was just wanting to have the outer edges a tan or green color like you see on some military scopes so you don't see a big black spot when looking at it from a distance.

#5 ·
I think they just spray it with a can of krylon...

Personally i wouldnt do that to my gear.

I was referring to covering the ard honeycomb with masking material so you dont get overspray on it.

#6 · (Edited)
JonM said:
I think they just spray it with a can of krylon...

Personally i wouldnt do that to my gear.

I was referring to covering the ard honeycomb with masking material so you dont get overspray on it.
But the ard is what I'm wanting to paint. The rest of the rifle is already painted.

But I read one thread where the guy said the best thing to do us to paint a sponge with whatever color you want and then just barely dab the ard on the sponge so that just the tip is getting colored and the inside isn't getting painted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.