Anyone know barrel lenth on NHM-91

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by aktommysks, Sep 5, 2011.

1. aktommysks

aktommysks New Member

I recently purchased a NHM-91, Did some research and i've found info stating, they had anywhere from 19"-23.75". Now i measured mine from front trunion and it messures 18". It also appears to be a threaded barrel, looks the same as my 51 Russian sks. I'm confussed everything i read says they were pressed in barrels. I can understand if they are counting inside trunion, Anyhow i would appreciate any info, i'm not very familiar with this model.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

How to measure barrel length:

Make CERTAIN weapon is not loaded. COCK the weapon so that firing pin is not protruding from bolt face. Insert a rod into the barrel that is close to bore diameter, mark rod at the muzzle. Withdraw rod. Measure rod from tip to mark. NOTE: Revolvers are measured from the muzzle to the face of the forcing cone.

Yes, I know, that also measures the chamber along with the barrel. Sorry, I did not write the process, that is how it is done.

3. aktommysks

aktommysks New Member

Barrel length

Thanks shooter. I don't have gun here, but will check as soon as i can get to go upstate. Info much appreciated...

4. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

redundant post is redundant!

My apologies and simultaneous thanks to Mr. c3shooter.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  5. aktommysks

aktommysks New Member

NHM-91 barrel length

Thanks anyhow neilage 66. I like the idea of useing the bullet.

6. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

You're welcome but I don't recall anyone mentioning the use of *bullets* or ammo for this job. ?:eek:?

7. aktommysks

aktommysks New Member

NHM-91 barrel length

Sorry i thought it was you. I think what was meant was to add length of bullet to my outside measurment.It makes sence to me,but i could be wrong.