Anyone into airguns?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by cj84, Jul 31, 2012.

1. cj84

cj84 New Member

I haven't shot them much since I was a kid, bought this the other day and its just as fun as I remember. I think imma buy a few more any recommendations?

ForumRunner_20120731_182533.jpg

2. cj84

cj84 New Member

Thats a benjamin titan gp in .22 btw

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I hear the .308 caliber ones are the best. Powerful enough to drop large game and still small enough of a diameter that you can get multiple shots without loosing a ton of pressure. All I have is a .22 cal pump pistol but its good for small critters.

4. cj84

cj84 New Member

I haven't heard of a 308 ill have to check em out. I live in a neighborhood and bought this for snakes and critters around the house, last summer I had to take on a cotton mouth with my sons red rider lol.

5. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I just use my AR for critters lol. But I have bin thanking of getting a whisper.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Cool. I don't know if that company makes the .308 but if you google big bore air rifles I think you'll find it interesting. They make up to 50 cals. There's YouTube videos to watch also. I'm pretty new to the whole big bore air rifle deal. I went to a gun show for them a few months ago it was pretty cool they even had full auto suppressed guns. My buddy has a .26 cal (i think) that he says is basically silent and a .45 cal that's basically as loud as a real rifle and will shoot through concrete blocks.

7. cj84

cj84 New Member

Ha don't think the neighbors would appreciate me using an ar on pest

8. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I know what you mean. My neighbors did not mind. But now that I live in an apartment they won't stop calling the cops who keep bringing the SWAT teem. I mean really like you have never seen a man in his underwear chasing and bump firing tracer rounds at the neighbors poodle for peeing on his tire. : confused :

9. Garadex

Garadex New Member

That right there is funny!

10. Win73

Win73 Member

Lewis and Clark carried an air rifle on their expedition to explore the Louisiana Purchase.

I have a Ruger Air Hawk. I bought it because I had too many squirrels in my back yard. I have an oak tree in my yard that always produces a lot of acorns. The squirrels were cute until they became destructive. One of them got under the hood of my daughters car and chewed the wiring to her headlights in two and chewed holes in the tubing for her windshield washers.

So far I have killed four of the little beggars with it.

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

That's right. If it weren't for an airgun they never would have survived.

12. cj84

cj84 New Member

Thats cool I never knew that. I haven't watched that documentary on netflix yet is that where yall got that from?

13. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Gamo hornet is an awesome air rifle. Mine has been through hell in the last few months iv had it. .177 is probably the best Cal to find ammo for.

14. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

No doubt .22 can be hard to find and anything bigger is so expensive you're better off molding it yourself.

15. cj84

cj84 New Member

I haven't had any trouble finding 22s here but ive never seen anything bigger on the shelf probably have to order online.

16. cj84

cj84 New Member

This thing looks sick. But why does a 177 that only shoots 560fps cost 3,750 bucks?

ForumRunner_20120801_150010.jpg

17. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have a spring powered Tech Force 41 that is made in China . most accurate pellet rifle I have ever owned , the rifling in it is superb , decent trigger and best of all the barrel does not move in the receiver like most of the daisys , crossmans and a few other brands . I shoot it at 34 ft and shoot 1/2" sticker dots consistantly with it to keep up on practice of staying calm while on the trigger. Best part was I think I paid $29 for this on the Cat tool truck when it came thru town , nice solid beechwood stock and it weighs 7#

TF87
    Tech Force TF 41 .177 Caliber (4,5 mm) Combo Scope

Specifications TF41 .177

Velocity 1100fps more like 800-850 fps

Overall Length 47"

Barrel Length 19"

Weight 7.25 lbs

Cocking Effort 43 lbs Every bit of this for sure

Capacity 1 round

Action Underlever

Power Plant Spring Piston

Warranty One (1) Year Limited Warranty

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  18. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Must be highly accurate. Still insane price. You could get everything you need to shoot a .308 for a while for that price.

19. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Its not about how fast it gets there its all about accuracy . Now the price on the toher hand is really kinda stupid :D

These are great entry level competition co2 powered air rifles and very very accurate @ 750 fps on the .177 and 500 fps on the .22
    $179

Tech Force TF79, 10-meter target rifle, Uses 2 12-gram CO2 cartridges, Bolt-action, RH wood stock
    Includes non-removable barrel weights and hose + adapter to bulk-fill CO2 (adapter connects to a 9-oz.
    CO2 paintball tank, not included)

Features

Loudness: 3-Medium
    Weight: 6.60 lbs
    Barrel Length:21.50"
    Overall Length: 40.00"
    Capacity: 1 round(s)
    Cocking Effort:7 lbs.
    Barrel: Rifled
    Front Sight: Globe with Aperture Inserts
    Rear Sight: Diopter/micrometer adjustable
    Scopeable: 11mm dovetail