Anyone here ever been shot at?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by thdrduck, Jan 6, 2013.

1. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

Have you ever been shot at? How did it happen and what did you do? Seems like some real world situations and how they were handled may be helpful if not at least good reading.

2. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

In high school I was leaving my friend's house in Harvey, IL and we were just getting in the car. A man came running towards us so we hurried the hell into the car because we thought he was the BG. Nope. He was being chased and another guy started shooting at him while he was running towards us. I just threw the car in reverse and drove backwards fast as hell down the street. Now as an adult, I probably would put the car in drive and ran someone over........ I never told my parents because I didn't want to be banned from my best friend's house. Fear of one's parents was serious business when I was young. Nobody was hurt. Not sure about the guy who was being chased though.

3. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Yep and no comment.

4. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

First time I was plinking with a buddy along a river in Oklahoma when a bullet went between us and then we heard the bang. We both hit the ground into a little depression in the sand. We looked over the edge and there was some moron target shooting in our direction. I say moron because there was a great big pile of sand there that everyone used as a back drop, everyone but him. We yelled at the guy but I guess he couldn't hear us. My buddy said "if he shoots again I am going to shoot back". The guy shot again and my buddy took aim on the guys truck and shot. We heard the bullet hit the metal, so did the guy and then he stopped shooting. He walked over to his truck and we got up and walked over to him and he yelled that we shot his truck, I said yep, pointed to the sand pile and said "shoot that way next time you almost killed us" and we left.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

More than once, and no comment.

6. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Nope, but I've been maced and been around when others were being shot at.

7. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I've been in a room when someone sprayed mace to be "funny" and it sucked. Couldn't imagine it being sprayed directly in my face.

8. grandpabear

grandpabear New Member

On a lighter note.

Have you ever been shot at?---Yes

How did it happen?---About 40 yrs. ago, my little brother (step brother) and I were having a bb gun fight. We had to pause because he had to go to the bathroom. While he was gone I went upstairs in the 2 story garage and set up an ambush. I had the sliding door slid open about 3 inches and sat there waiting with just the muzzle of my Crossman sticking out and pumped up about 7 times. To my surprise, when he stepped out the back door and down onto the first step and before I could take aim. He drew his Crossman CO2 pistol, and shot from the hip. The bb took me right in the cheek.

what did you do?---I screamed like a little girl!!, went flying down those steps nearly breaking my neck and chased him about 4 blocks. I think I got him 8 or 10 times in the butt....it's really hard to pump up a Crossman when your running about 40 mph. Later that day some do good neighbor called our house with the story of me chasing my poor, defenseless little brother and shooting him. My step dad slugged me a couple of times and I never saw that Crossman .177 again.

9. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Like I tell my students......it's always the second person that gets caught. :)

10. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Twice. Overseas. No further comment.

And that doesn't include training shots or exercise torpedoes at the ships I've been on.

11. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Not shot at, but looked at the wrong end of a firearm.

16, riding my bike down an alley when a woman and child are climbing out of a window screaming for help. I started heading towards them when a man came running around the corner holding the biggest gun I had ever seen. IRC it was a nickle plate .25. Went to the nearest house and only had to hold my hand near the door, it knocked all by itself.

12. keginth

keginth New Member

My friends and I was walking down my street to play some basketball, when we started to play , we heard loud yelling from a couple up a few houses from us. And then we walked up to see if the woman needs help and to our surprise she fires at him twice once in the arm and another missed and hit the tree right next to me. So naturally we all ran haha then the cops come and arrest the man for assault and battery. (She was badly beating up)

13. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

I forgot about the BB gun fights... my number went up a bunch. Ouch!

14. rainmakerat92

rainmakerat92 New Member

Several times (overseas) and no comment.

15. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Sounds like something teenagers or rednecks would do thinking it would be funny . Lol

I was in high school, class was out, I was heading to bus stop (freshman), stopped at quickie Mart for snack. There were two local dropouts I'd seen hang around the park messing with high school kids robbing the store. We recognized each other one of them sprayed me probably hoping I hadn't recognized him. Too late!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  16. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have been shot with bb guns many times. I have been hit with paintballs a lot too. Paintball hurts much worse.

Twice with real bullets. First time I was about 16. I was camping with mostly teenagers. One adult was there. All of a sudden bullets come wissing through the camp. Some idiot was using a bunch of bushes as a backstop. The adult grabbed a 44 mag out of his car and went to have a talk.

Last time was about 2 years ago. A bunch of us were paintballing. We were in a canyon. Bullets came flying down the canyon toward us. Half of the guys with us were either sherrifs deputies or city cops. 4 or 5 guys with guns and badges went to have a talk with the shooter. Turned out to be two drunks. They just made them put the guns away. I couldn't believe they didnt arrest two drunks driving and shooting!

17. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Wow, lucky Doods fer sher! Hope they learned their lesson.

18. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Not sure if any of y'all heard about the shooting in Bricktown, OKC last year when the lakers were in town for the Thunder game during the play offs but I was right across the street from the Redhawks stadium where the shooting took place. And to think, Bricktown is an anti gun place, whoda thunk it

19. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Not in this country .

20. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

I haven't been shot at, but I have been hit by a .22 ricochet. It was one of those low power Aguilas, so it just stung like hell. I have almost been hit by another .22 ricochet. I was shooting a metal target, when I heard it zip right past my head and hit behind me.