Anyone having trouble with selling off gunbroker.

Discussion in 'Firearm's Industry' started by undeadmerc3, Jun 29, 2020.

1. undeadmerc3

undeadmerc3 Member

I've read alot of frustraitions individuals have been having with gun broker at least in terms of trying to sell their firearms and receiving payment as individuals even if they could simply ship them to an FFL. For whatever reason Gun Broker doesn't allow people to simply use Paypal or similar services for individuals. All they allow is merchant services for shop owners. Kinda rubs individuals who want to sell the wrong way. I know that Paypal doesn't process firearms orders and it's understandable to avoid Gunbroker to services that would sue them if they included them as an option. I guess for the individual all that's an option would be a check by mail.

2. RaySendero

RaySendero Active Member

US Postal Money Order

7.62 Man, Sniper03 and W.T. Sherman like this.

3. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

yep, USPS MO is the way to go.

alsaqr likes this.
  4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Zelle bank to bank transfer is an option to consider.

https://www.zellepay.com/

I have used it to buy guns from individuals, no problems whatsoever.

I access Zelle via my bank's bill pay feature on their website.

5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

6. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

Sell local on armslist. No fees and person to person transaction.

Rifling82 likes this.
  7. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Last sales I've done through GB was roughly a decade ago. Most sales occurred locally, so no shipment needed. The ones I did sell to a remote buyer went through an FFL (of course) and started with a certified "big" bank check or USPS money order. That method works fine. Back then. Can't imagine it's any rougher today.

Never did more than a few, so it wasn't worth doing a merchant account.

Of course, today there's PayPal and other electronic payment methods. Haven't done those, through GB or other arms-related sites.

Didn't do but a few face-to-face transactions; but, those were simpler, faster, though with the attendant risk of a wonky buyer showing up prepared to "do the business" on me, and so we selected very public spots with good surveillance vids covering things.

These days, I'm a bit less particular. But then, it's been a long time since I did GB transactions.

Don't know how much of a help that is.

8. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

I've always done private sales on Gunbroker with Postal Money Order's in the past,but will include Zelle now. I have bought and sold guns for years on several different auction sites,and have never had any issues with sending or getting payments.

9. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

Avoided PayPal altogether. Postal money orders only. Never sold modern guns nor live ammo. When buying, always used credit card or MO. In-person mostly at gunshows.

W.T. Sherman likes this.