Anyone have experience with Brownells 20 & 30 round mags?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by eatmydust, Nov 21, 2013.

1. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I just ordered 1 of each to test, do any of you have much experience with them?

Pros & Cons please.

I put this in the AR-15 Discussion thread and forgot to stipulate AR-15 mags.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  2. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

About as good as it gets in a affordable metal magazine. I like the ones with the chrome/silicon springs,
    but they are ALL good. Only problem I've ever had (and I have lots of these mags) is with the 30 rd version.
    They have a finish that is a little rough, and a fully loaded 30 rd MAY drag the top round on the feed
    lips and not feed right the first few times. Polish the inside of the lips a touch with a dremel, or just
    use them a few times and they will smooth out.

3. noveskenuck

noveskenuck New Member

I have used them before and never had any problems with them. Pretty durable. They can take some abuse.

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have a few 30 rounders and so far have had not one problem with them. pretty decent quality for the price. i have no complaints with them.

5. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member Supporter

I've got some of the twenty rounders. Decent mag and a fair price. I dressed mine up with ranger floor plates and better followers. Probably paint them in the near future when I finish the scope and mounts to match the rest of the varmit rifle(winter digital).