ANyone have any expierence with the DPMS 308

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by safedman, Jan 20, 2012.

1. safedman

safedman New Member

Have the oppertunity to purchase a new 308 LR by DPMS for $700. Individual recieved it for payment of a $700 debt and does not like the evil black rifle. Never owned a DPMS or 308 platform AR. Go or no Go??

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Absolutely I would buy it as long as it appeared to be in good condition.

I have a DPMS 5.56 carbine and it goes bang everytime I pull the trigger. I am not saying DPMS is the best AR, but a $700 AR10 could very well be the deal of the year.

I vote GO!

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I concur!

I have a LR308B ;) ... just wish I had a nice optic so I can get her out to some serous distance :(

4. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

From what I understand, the DPM 308 are built better than their 5.56 counterparts. $700 is a great price!

What condition is it in? If its nice, do it!

5. fireguy

fireguy New Member

That's a great deal if it isn't broken. If new, or nearly new, jump on it. I have one and it is a good shooter.

6. fmj

fmj Active Member

i am thinking thats a $1200 machine new!! At least thats the price range i remembering from my recent searches!!

7. JoshX3Magazine

JoshX3Magazine New Member

I wrote a review on the DPMS AP4 .308 a few months back and it gave me a chance to fool with a really nice rifle that, by the end of the review, I didn't want to give back. The example I shot was outstanding. Within a few minutes, with open sights, I was shooting 3 shot groups that looked like Mickey Mouse ears at 50 yards and keeping them tight at 100 and moving back. Rifle functioned without the slightest hiccup and was downright fun to shoot, with negligible recoil. It handled well and seemed very well put together.

If that were my deal and my money to spend, I've have not a moment's hesitation in jumping all over it.

8. safedman

safedman New Member

10-4 thanks for the push. Going to pick the little lady up!! Will post pics when I get the new addition home :) Love this site! LOL!:D

9. j_lum

j_lum New Member

I don't think you could lose at that price...barring any serious mechanical issues. Mine shot 3/4" group at 100yds on cheap federal 150gr soft points. Love it.

Attached Files: