Anyone have a XDs 9MM or 45??

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Stillersfan, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I just put some money down on an XDs 9MM and wanted to know if anyone is having issues after the recall?

2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

nope my .45 runs just like it did the day I got it

3. GunLover528

GunLover528 New Member

I bought mine after recall. Very good and accurate. No problems here. My favorite gun hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

4. scubadvr

scubadvr New Member

I have the 45. Was a little stiff after recall, but has loosened up after dry fires and about 500 down the barrel. Over on xdtalk.com there are some that have had issues, but SA has very good customer service and seem to be accepting of seeing fixed ones again for any issues.

5. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Love my 9. Points good, and easy to carry.

6. gordon24

gordon24 New Member

Got my xds 9 a month ago and love it! Shoots as good as it looks!!

7. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

My wife's 9s was not fired before the recall, so I can't do a before and after.

It had a real serious problem with dbl feed. Didn't matter who shot it, and it would jam up real good, requiring two people to unjam it.

I was using commercial reload HP ammo. It runs through the XDM all day long without breaking a sweat.

I took the magazine apart, and discovered the follower had a burr that dragging on the inside of the magazine. Smoothed that off and added a touch of grease, mucho better. Also ran some commercial SD rounds through, no problem. Then I fired my own reloads through, no problem. My reloads are right in the middle of the recipe, and are significantly snappier then the commercial reload. Me wonders with supporting data if they were loading the rounds too light, and the 9s doesn't like wussy loads?

I found it to be surprisingly accurate for a small firearm.

8. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I had a xds .45. Sold it after buying a 3" 1911. I like the .45 round through the 1911 better. I have a Shield in 9mm and would consider buying an xds 9mm if one comes along at a good price.

9. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I have an XDs45 (3.3") and XDs9 (4.0"). Both are about perfect for my tastes. No problems to speak of.

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I still have my XDS 45 but Im honestly looking at trading it for another XD , I like the feel of the grip and the trigger is better, I dont carry the XDS like I had intended as it rubs me sitting so I have went with my Kahrs for CCW . The XD trigger is so much better than the XDS . All personal opinion and feel to each individual so take my review as a grain of salt .

11. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

No problems before or after the recall with my XDs 45 and I'm also satisfied with my XDM 45.
    Mostly shooting 230 gr hydra-shock.

[​IMG]

12. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

My XDs .45 was a favorite until I sent it in for the recall, after receiving it back from SA I have taken it to the range 3-4 times and have to say the trigger is worse (I could live w that) and I haven't been able to make it tru more then 3 mags without a FTE, stovepipe or some other issue and that I can't live with. Springfield is willing to check it just gotta get the time to send it to them.

13. trainman

trainman New Member

I am confused about this thread. Clearly the XDs works flawlessly. However I just saw a Youtube video which clearly shows when dry fired the trigger does not reset. Then if you were to put a loaded magazine into the gun, and without a hand on the rear safety, the trigger does not reset, and yet are you not dropping the extended firing pin onto a hot round.
    No one has commented on this. I just also made a deal for a purchase before I saw the video. So what was the recall about, can I assume that if I buy a gun now, that will not be a problem.
    Thanks

14. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Call springfield and get a list of the recalled models and serial numbers. Know for a fact what you have in your hand, not a it should be OK.

15. Threetango

This thread will tell you all you need to know.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/xds-recall-96185/

16. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

I can say 100% that my XDs .45 has not been able to fire more than one mag without having a FTF, FTE or some sort of both. I have no ideal what happened between me sending it in to Springfield and them shipping it back to me but it left here a great reliable EDC and I got it back a unreliable liability. I've thought of selling or trading it but I fell in love w the platform and it was my only EDC for 2+ years and I have faith once I get a chance to send it to Springfield it'll get ironed out.

17. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

I have no ideal what changed from the last time I took XDs .45 to the range but my range trip yesterday went great the XDs fired flawlessly?? I was using the same 2 5 round mags and a 7 round mags and the same ammo, but it has a lot harsher recoil.

18. infidel686

infidel686 New Member

My 45 was never sent in for the recall and works flawless with factory rounds or my reloads. My wife also likes it so muchwe may buy another so she can carry one.

19. Threetango

It was a safety recall.

Springfield Armory® is initiating this voluntary safety recall to upgrade 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols with new components, which eliminate the possibility of a potentially dangerous condition. We want to emphasize that no injuries have been reported to date.

Springfield has determined that under exceptionally rare circumstances, some 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and .45ACP caliber pistols could experience an unintended discharge during the loading process when the slide is released, or could experience a double-fire when the trigger is pulled once. The chance of these conditions existing is exceptionally rare, but if they happen, serious injury or death could occur.

Though exceptionally rare it could happen to you and the fix, shipping and a free mag in return is a pretty wise move to me if yours is one of the serial numbers involved.

Link

http://www.springfieldrecall.com/ReCall.asp