Firearms Talk banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts
Is that a Nikon scope? Just got a 10 22 takedown and looking for a scope.
I got the Nikon prostaff 22 bdc 150 and couldnt be happier 92% light transmission and optic clarity is great .

I have a 10-22 T model with a Burris 6 X AO scope on it. I tuned up the trigger and put it into a glass bedded thumbhole varmint stock. I got four 10 shot magazines for it. Sited the rifle in at sixety yards with Winchester 22LR HP PP ammo. I have lost track of shots that I have made shooting prairie dog pups with the rifle but its ben a bunch. For the wife get the best checkered wood stock sporter rifle with a lower powered AO scope and also a sling. You may also wont to get the trigger pull adjusted to around a three pound pull. Dont get her an ugley plastic stock cheep rifle with pore quality open sites.

Four of them here. Two full blown 10/22 target rifles. One set up for benchrest, the other for offhand shooting. One mannlicker stocked 26" barrel custom in walnut. And the newest is a takedown.

Already changed the stock on the takedown for the butler creek folder. Made me mad when it wouldn't fit back in the bag with even a compact scope attatched. Works fine now, easy mod to do.

I have a 10\22 CCR That my wife picked up for my birthday in 2009. It is, by far one of the best plinkers and small game rifles in my collection. Fun to shoot, decent accuracy, and a lightweight small package. All I have done to it since recieving it as a birthday present, is:

Added an ATI Dragonov stock, not for the "Tacticool" factor. Due to being a LH shooter, the palmswell in the factory stock was a bit of a PITA when shooting. The pistol grip on the replacement is much more comfortable.

A trigger job, the pull is now 3 1\2 pounds with no creep.

Tru-Glo aftermaket sights with interchangeable front pins.

Centerpoint 3X9 variable scope and QD rings.

If you are looking for a ready to go rifle right out of the box, or a base for your next project, I would personally recomend the 10\22.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
I have a 10-22 T model with a Burris 6 X AO scope on it. I tuned up the trigger and put it into a glass bedded thumbhole varmint stock. I got four 10 shot magazines for it. Sited the rifle in at sixety yards with Winchester 22LR HP PP ammo. I have lost track of shots that I have made shooting prairie dog pups with the rifle but its ben a bunch. For the wife get the best checkered wood stock sporter rifle with a lower powered AO scope and also a sling. You may also wont to get the trigger pull adjusted to around a three pound pull. Dont get her an ugley plastic stock cheep rifle with pore quality open sites.
Thanks Tuck~ I appreciate it..

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.