Anyone have a Ruger 10/22?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Stillersfan, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I am looking to get my wife one for Xmas and wanted to get your thoughts.. Thanks!

2. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Everyone has a 10/22.

3. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Ive got 2 , sr22 an a all waether model. realy enjoy them both

4. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I dont have one either but I hear that are nice. If the SHTF it may come in handy for small game hunting.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  5. collector_rob

collector_rob New Member

Still shooting the one I got for Christmas in 1978 when I was 10. It's had a lot of rounds through it, and has never broke. It's currently still original, but I have a Nordic Chassis I'm going to put it in. Hopefully it still works as well when it is "TACTICOOLIZED".:D
    I also have a 10/22 International that was Dad's. That one I will leave alone.

6. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Good guns but the trigger is not the greatest. There are people on this site that will fix them for about $65 or you can drop one in for $100 and up. There are tutorials on Utube if you want to do it yourself. Lots of after market stuff if you are so inclined. If you are planning to go tactical, just go buy a S&W M&P 15-22. I have a 10-22 and my wife has a S&W which she loves.

7. hmh

hmh New Member

I don't have one

8. hmh

hmh New Member

I have two

9. hmh

hmh New Member

In all seriousness you will never go wrong in buying a 10/22.

10. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

Nice!!! Good luck with your Tacticoolization! :D :D

11. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Back in 1983 I tacticooled my 10/22. Yep, even back then they had aftermarket add-ons. I put a black polymer foreend, 30-round banana mags and folding "paratrooper" stock on mine. A versatile and classic 22.

12. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

I own a Ruger 10/22 and love it. Shoots almost anything, very few issues despite putting hundreds of rounds through it. I actually track stats on what I fire through my gun and I think overall it’s hovering at just over 99% with almost 1,100 rounds through it. Straight out of the box it’s a great gun though I recently mall ninja’ed/tacticooled mine. That’s not necessary though as new 10/22’s come with an optics mount if you really want something other than iron sights.

Accuracy is outstanding. I don’t personally have a problem with the trigger despite other feedback here. I will say that having owned and fired quite a few Rugers over the years their triggers do not have the best reputation.

13. Donn

Donn Active Member

Had mine out today. Almost no fun to shoot. Goes right where you point it, every time.

14. Olsen

Olsen New Member

I've got one that I bought a couple years back. Absolutely love it and I have put countless thousands of rounds through it and they are as reliable as they come. Probably gonna trick mine out pretty soon.

15. Chuck87charger

Chuck87charger New Member

Did 10/22s always have the circular type of clip they have now?

16. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I would recommend going cheap on the 10/22. Your accuracy won't be a huge change in the el cheapo version or the high end versions, looks on the other hand will vary greatly.

Great .22, accessories are readily available as well. When you get magazines get the ones with METAL lips, avoid the plastic lipped magazines.

17. orienteeer

orienteeer New Member

my 10/22. what - you don't have one yet???

[​IMG]

18. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I have 3 of them. And I think I might need one more :D

19. vincent

vincent New Member

If you don't have a 10/22 you're a communist...