Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get my wife one for Xmas and wanted to get your thoughts.. Thanks!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I dont have one either but I hear that are nice. If the SHTF it may come in handy for small game hunting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Still shooting the one I got for Christmas in 1978 when I was 10. It's had a lot of rounds through it, and has never broke. It's currently still original, but I have a Nordic Chassis I'm going to put it in. Hopefully it still works as well when it is "TACTICOOLIZED".:D
I also have a 10/22 International that was Dad's. That one I will leave alone.

·
Premium Member
14,737 Posts
Good guns but the trigger is not the greatest. There are people on this site that will fix them for about $65 or you can drop one in for $100 and up. There are tutorials on Utube if you want to do it yourself. Lots of after market stuff if you are so inclined. If you are planning to go tactical, just go buy a S&W M&P 15-22. I have a 10-22 and my wife has a S&W which she loves.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still shooting the one I got for Christmas in 1978 when I was 10. It's had a lot of rounds through it, and has never broke. It's currently still original, but I have a Nordic Chassis I'm going to put it in. Hopefully it still works as well when it is "TACTICOOLIZED".:D
I also have a 10/22 International that was Dad's. That one I will leave alone.
Nice!!! Good luck with your Tacticoolization! :D :D

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
2,609 Posts
Back in 1983 I tacticooled my 10/22. Yep, even back then they had aftermarket add-ons. I put a black polymer foreend, 30-round banana mags and folding "paratrooper" stock on mine. A versatile and classic 22.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I own a Ruger 10/22 and love it. Shoots almost anything, very few issues despite putting hundreds of rounds through it. I actually track stats on what I fire through my gun and I think overall it’s hovering at just over 99% with almost 1,100 rounds through it. Straight out of the box it’s a great gun though I recently mall ninja’ed/tacticooled mine. That’s not necessary though as new 10/22’s come with an optics mount if you really want something other than iron sights.

Accuracy is outstanding. I don’t personally have a problem with the trigger despite other feedback here. I will say that having owned and fired quite a few Rugers over the years their triggers do not have the best reputation.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Had mine out today. Almost no fun to shoot. Goes right where you point it, every time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got one that I bought a couple years back. Absolutely love it and I have put countless thousands of rounds through it and they are as reliable as they come. Probably gonna trick mine out pretty soon.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I would recommend going cheap on the 10/22. Your accuracy won't be a huge change in the el cheapo version or the high end versions, looks on the other hand will vary greatly.

Great .22, accessories are readily available as well. When you get magazines get the ones with METAL lips, avoid the plastic lipped magazines.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.