Anyone have a Keltec Sub 2000?

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by Vincine, May 20, 2012.

1. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Anyone here actually have one? If so; What do you think about it?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

3. Sooie

Sooie New Member

I have one and it is awsome. Mine is in .40 s&w. It goes great with all my glock 22 mags. The portability and compactness is great. Will fit in a laptop bag.

16" barrel, 40 s&w, glock mags, what's not to like?

4. Vincine

Vincine New Member

How does it shoot at 50, 100 yards? More than 3 or 4 inches? Iron? Or have you cobbled a folding optic mount for it?

5. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

I've been trying to find three and nobody has them in stock anywhere. I have three disappointed buyers.

6. taosgunguy

taosgunguy New Member

Keltec Sub 2000

I found one used on Gunbroker and paid more than I should have for it. 9mm, seems to be fairly accurate and very portable. For me though, I need to find a way to pad the butt, not for padding but for length. Too short, hard to sight pulled into my shoulder.

7. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Finding a Kel Tec Sub 2000 9mm is like finding a 'needle in a haystack.' I would love to own one but most firearm dealers are still out-of-stock.

8. Werminator

Werminator Member

That is the unfortunate side of KelTec. They keep pushing forward to release new toys but they aren't big enough to handle high volume production and development... check out the KSG ... that thing was supposed to MSRP around the high 800s but because they are so rare people are paying nearly twice that in some cases just to have one!

9. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

one gunstore i go to near my old home town has several in stock everytime i go there. i never realized they were hard to get :confused:

10. jgand72

jgand72 New Member

Ughhh I hate you! I put a deposit on one last May and the store still hasn't gotten one in.

11. jimjc

jimjc New Member

I had a Sub 2000 Glock mag. I was thrilled to get it but the frame cracked where the gun folds...KelTec repaired it and I sold it because I found out that many that have Subs have the same problem in that area because it`s polymer...When that gun first came out it was made differently but was more expensive so when they redesigned it to be cheaper there have been problems... A friend had the Kel Tec 22 cal. magnum Semi Auto pistol that holds 30 rounds and couldn`t get through a magazine without 6/7 problems...he sold it to...I think Kel Tec has some good ideas but I just don`t think their guns are made to last...just my 0.02

12. Sooie

Sooie New Member

Keltec sub 2000 in Arkansas for sell... $550

armslist.com

Arguntrader.com - I saw it here 1st. Might be on the other 2.

Arhunting.net

13. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-NbnJ-jh1o&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]. This is one cool sub 2000!

14. sniperrifleman

sniperrifleman New Member

They are not sold out on Tombstonetactical.com