Anyone have a CCP and not carry?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Hotshot, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Hotshot

Hotshot New Member

I have had my CCP for a while and carry everyday. It seems like I talk to more people that have gone through the trouble of getting thier CCP and never carry. What is going on with these people?

Sent from my LS670 using FirearmsTalk

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Lack of connection to reality????

3. bones72

bones72 New Member

I don't understand why anyone would take the class and pay the fees and not carry.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

it gives people the option to carry. my wife has her permit but doesnt carry all the time. she likes just having her xdm in her truck.

lots of states like wisconsin for example it makes transporting firearms MUCH easier.

i would rather have people excersing their rights. the more people who have ccw even if they dont actively carry is a good thing.

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Now, now, guys. I would like to get my CCP and not carry all the time. :eek:

Like Jon's wife, I would like to maybe carry my gun in my car on occasion, or even carry when I choose to. Just because someone has a CCP and doesn't carry all the time doesn't mean they wasted their money and time getting a CCP. I would like the satisfaction of just knowing I took the class, got the education and experience, even if I don't carry. I like the OPTION.

6. towboater

towboater Active Member

When I picked mine up at the sheriffs dept, they said many don't ever come back and pick em up. They have a big stack of unclaimed licenses.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

I have my permit, and don't carry all the time, and I have reason.

First, I'm not one who says "I'll carry it if I think I might need it" I agree with many others here, if a person is going somewhere that they think they may need a gun, they're best off just staying at home.

Now for the reason I sometimes don't carry, I'm in college and it's illegal in the state of MS to have a firearm on an educational campus, with only one exception, a parent or guardian dropping off or picking up a minor child, with stipulations.

Therefor, if I'm on campus our on the way to or from campus, I'm unarmed. Theoretically. There's no rules about crowbars and hammers.

8. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

My mom did that...a few weeks after some loser tried to get in her car to steal her purse(while she was inside car in parking lot) luckily she had ONSTAR and hit the emergency button and the perp left.

She carries now.

9. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Getting a CCP is the first step for many. Unfortunately for them it might take an unfortunate incident to get them to step two.

10. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

I was in the 1st round to receive carry license in TX and carried for a while. I now work for a bank and cannot carry at any work location. I find that I carry when driving out of town, as provided in the law, but am bothered by the notion of leaving my firearm in the truck...

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

I feel a lot better now that i have my permit.

I dont leave without a gun. If i could carry my ar15 everywhere i would!!

My first ccw license was in texas i too was in the very first group there to get one. Used it here in wisconsin to be in the very first group to get one. And no i will not move to illinoise to be first there too.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  12. cwcoolcow

cwcoolcow New Member

Yep, I have mine but can't carry to either of my jobs. A "school zone" and a university campus. Pretty much limits my options six days a week. Of course the campus is in an inner city where students are assulted often and business are robbed at gun point weekly. Yep

13. ar15guy29

ar15guy29 New Member

Wished I could get my ccp. But can't in Illinois yet!! When they do I will be one of the first

14. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Kansas law negates the legal gravity of the GFSZ on CCH holders. We are even allowed to carry in schools that aren't posted.

15. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Sorry. I'm first in line. :p

16. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I waited until I was close to retirement to get my CHL because I would be able to carry very little until I retired. The company I worked for had rules about weapons on company property and many of the customers I called on had rules on weapons, some of them federal laws. I used my company pickup even on personal businness, so I was seldom not on or in company property.

Since retirement, if I'm dressed, I have my handgun on me. If I'me awake, but not dressed, it is always withing reach. I don't understand, other than reasons I gave above, why anyone would have a license & not use it. No one has a crystal ball to tell them when they should carry & when they don't need to.

17. AZL

AZL New Member

If I am awake and dressed, I am carrying ON MY BODY. Period.

If I am awake, and dressed in sleeping clothes...either drawstring sweats or drawstring gym shorts in summer...I am carrying ON MY BODY.

I can't wrap my head around those who get their permit, or those who live in AZ, AK, WY, VT (you know...the FREE STATES), and choose not to carry a defensive sidearm.

After 24 years carrying every day....the defensive sidearm is flat out, a part of me. I'd no sooner leave my house without it than I would leave without my pants.

18. vincent

vincent New Member

If I'm conscious, I'm armed. I have a few friends that have a CCW/P that don't carry on their person due to their jobs working in private residences, big fat no-no without permission. "Hi Mrs. Homeowner, I'm here to work on your security system...oh, and I'm armed to the teeth" isn't too good for business. They keep their weapons concealed in the van during the work days.

19. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

well, my county happens to be restricted right now so i'm somehow not able to carry. and also i work at a federal building so even if i could carry in my county.. going to work would still require me to be gunless...not defenseless tho

20. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Me personally, i cannot see having my permit and not carrying. To each its own though, some dont feel they need it everywhere they go. The way people are in my city, i feel much better outdoors with my "security equipment":).