Anyone got any clean drawers I could have?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bobbyb13, Feb 24, 2009.

1. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Went over on the back side of the farm this morning. I set two brush piles on fire from some cleaned out fence rows. I had my back to the fires. Something blew up, blew fire over a 20 yard area, dogs left, I shat myself for real, throwed my drawers away, and put out 5 or 6 little fires in the field. No injures cept a good pair of drawers. Loudest d@mn explosion I ever heard in the homeland, my head is still ringing. A 60 year old man just don't need crap like this. I have no idea what was in there. I just got out of the shower, and I am going to get a early beer and crash. Dang. You ever see a dog give you the, You dumb bastage look! Signing off for a while.

2. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Glad you're okay. What size ya take?

3. 1861

1861 New Member

glad you're okay there J.E.B.

4. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

I think my wife has some pampers that were left here for the grandchildren and I'm not using depends yet. Don't feel bad, my dogs gives me those looks all the time. He's a real smart_ss.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

LOL - Well, the sun is over the mizzenmast SOMEWHERE I am sure. :D

Glad you are okay Bobby....

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Better a dirty butt than a burnt butt. On the plus side, at least it wasn't a cat giving you that look; they get serious about it.

Maybe it was a really gassy gopher.

7. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Thank all of you for your concern.

I really do appreciate your concerns. Seriously I do. Now that I am out of the gun room with only 2 beers consumed. I checked my truck out to find a broken windshield, really don't know if something hit it, or the concusion from that blast broke it. My dang ears are still ringing, dog is still pissed, (screw him, I feed the buzzard). Lucky I am still moving. On the light side, guy that lives on the hill above asked if I had bought a piece of heavy artillary. He said it shook his house. Quote from wife "You keep fooling with crap you ant got no business with, you are going to get killed". What Crap, You think I'm stupid enough to do that on Purpose? Her answer "yes" I'm going to cut here off some day.

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Any idea what it was that blew? I have burned hundreds of brush piles and never experienced that.

9. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Good to hear you and your limbs and dog survived. I'd guess that there was maybe an empty gas can buried in the brush? You have any ornery kids living around your place?

10. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Futher investigation upcoming.

I will investigate firther tomorrow, after the piles have cooled down.

11. Chester

Chester New Member

I had a friend once that shat in his britches, After that he wasn't my friend anymore. I couldn't beleive the man shat in his britches, Just seems wrong to me.

12. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Just wait, Chester

Be patient, when age starts catching up to you. You'll figure it out for yourself.

13. laynejc

laynejc New Member

Not sure of your area but around here it would have probably been a dump site for a meth cook. A brush pile seems to be someplace no one would look. Glad to hear your okay.

14. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

I feel most guys never admit the truth about shatting themselves and if they say they never have their probably lying. It is embarrising. You know; When your working out in the middle of nowhere and you think it's only gas and ooops! It has lumps! I always keep a spare pair of skivvies, britches, T.P., and Tucks in my mountain kit in my work truck for just those times. At these times it really lends creed to the saying "Shat Happens"

15. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I was out burning trash one night and my wife "FORGOT" to tell me that she had emptied a can or hairspray. I bent over next to the barrel to pick up a peice of melted plastic when BOOM! It sounded like a damn flashbang went off right next to my head. The side of my metal barn was showered with fragments and my wife came running out the back door. I give her hell now for trying to blow me up. :D Glad to hear you're ok Bobby.

16. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

One time I was so scared, I shat someone elses drawers.:eek:

17. Stainless

Stainless New Member

Glad to hear you are OK, b13 -

I'd like to share a related story about something really dumb that a friend did -

He lived in a development; one fall after he and his son raked leaves, they decided to burn them instead of hauling them to the nearby woods or have them picked up.

Well, they were a little damp (as leaves usually are) so a plan was formulated to expedite (speed up) the burning process. My buddy sent his son to the tool shed to get the lawn mower gas. I think you know where this is headed...

He poured some gas (he didn't really know how much - it just "felt like enough) on the HUGE pile of leaves (he said there were more neighbors' leaves than his), and made a gas "fuse" along the ground about 50 feet long.

He dropped a match onto the fuse, and said it looked like one of those Bugs Bunny cartoons when a gun powder trail is lit - the flame followed the trail to the HUGE pile of leaves (did I mention it was a HUGE freakin' pile of leaves?), and momentarily "paused" until the SHTF!

Almost everyone has seen a picture, a film, a newscast, a documentary - SOMETHING that visually depicts a nuclear explosion. That's what happened when the flame hit the pool of gas that soaked down to the base of the (used-to-be) HUGE pile of leaves. A BOOM filled the development with sound on an otherwise quiet Saturday, and a 50-foot high mushroom cloud of charred, burning leaves exploded into the clear blue sky, and then began falling gently to the ground from where they had just been raked. He said they were scattered more after that then when he first raked!

This was an event that was humorous after-the-fact, and it was lucky that no one was hurt (except my friend's reputation).

Thanks for the space to tell the story -