Anyone getting iphone 5?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by one_crazy_dude, Sep 13, 2012.

1. one_crazy_dude

one_crazy_dude New Member

At first reading online I was thinking no big wow factor I'm not getting it. But after watching the keynote last night with my son it looks to be a good upgrade from my iPhone 4. Anyone else play with these lil hand held toys? Are you as excited as I?

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Nope, but I'll probably get a 4S since they will be free once all those crazy people start buying up the $500 phones.

3. 25-5

25-5 New Member

What caliber is it? Does it come with a spare magazine?

4. orangello

orangello New Member

I did this a few months ago; i am satisfied with the 4S; i don't use enough data to need the extra speediness alleged to the 5.

5. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Its the 4g that appeals to me 10 times faster than 3g. Makes it as quick on the interwebs as a PC

6. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I will since I'll have an upgrade then and my old 4 is starting to die out on me

7. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I finally traded in my Mil Spec phone for a 4 and a Lifecase. Still cant figure out half the crap on it. A couple days ago my granddaughter pressed a button and the damn thing started talking to me every time I touched it; I dont need that, Ive already got a wife! Im sure the 5 is super cool and the 6 and 7 will be also, by the time those come out, I will have figured out how to use my new 4!

8. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I bought a Nokia phone many years ago. It cost me $14. I buy a whole bunch of minutes once a year. It comes out to $8 a month. I can’t play ‘Angry Birds’ on it, but I can live with that.

9. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Well done sir :D

10. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

No.
    My current phone works fine.
    It doesn't text. It doesn't take pictures. It doesn't have apps. It's a phone. It does what a phone is supposed to do.

11. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I had one of those in the early 90s too, but it was the size of a blender.

12. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Now there's an app I could use! :D

13. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

I was kind of excited about it, but not sure if it's worth it. I am eligible for an upgrade, so If I can sell my 4 for $200 to offset the new phone cost I'll do it. I don't mind the contract, my employer reimburses me for that monthly expense.

14. msup752

msup752 New Member

My upgrade date is in a month or so. Im sure I will upgrade then.
    Places like Gazelle will buy old iPhones. My 4 is worth $180 to them. Apple will buy it for $175 so upgrading is cheap.

15. capto56

capto56 New Member

I don't see why anyone would buy a used 4. The 4s will be $100 with a new contract and the 4 will be free. Read it on a couple websites. I'll be upgrading to the 5 from my 4. Things falling apart on me... I've dropped it a few times.

5hrs 20mins and 13 secs until I can preorder :D

16. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I have an LG something or another that's a touch screen but doesn't do much so a 4 would be like a 5 to me. :D

17. capto56

capto56 New Member

I love the 4. My gf has the 4s and she loves it. If I wasn't having problems with this one I'd probably keep it until it dies.

I just meant I don't understand how there is a market for used 4's when a brand new one will be available for free with a new contract. Most contracts can be upgraded after 18 mths

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I have never had a cell phone in my name, as odd as that sounds. Every job I have had since I was in my early 20's came with a cellphone, thus I never bought one.

Recently I moved to a "real job" that has an office and it did not come with a cell phone pre-picked for me. Yay!

My gal got me an iPhone 4S on her account and I have to say I do love it - but I see no need to upgrade it to the 5 just to be trendy.

I got bills to pay and hardware to accumulate instead. :D

19. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Im good with the one I have.. :p

[​IMG]

20. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

and this is the trap! At 3G speeds, a 4GB data plan can last over a month. However, at 4G speeds, 2 movies and a basketball game will have you coming out of pocket for overages. It's no secret that AT&T and Verizon did away with their unlimited data plans right before the release of 4G - they would've been creamed on data usage. There were a bunch of articles about this in Wall Street Journal and other respectable papers about 3-4 months ago.

I've been building and networking computers for over 30 years, so I am a huge tekkie, but I didn't even see the reason for the 4 or 4S upgrade (I don't need my phone to talk to me). My 3GS is still working and doing what I need, so I won't be wasting $500-800 to upgrade.