Anyone familiar with "armslist.com"?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by itchytrigger, Mar 27, 2013.

1. itchytrigger

itchytrigger New Member

It's pretty much the "e-bay for firearms. Anyone else noticed a huge climb in not only ammo, but the prices for USED firearms as well!? 300 bucks for a USED HI-POINT!?!? Ridiculous.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Remember that most prices there are what the sellers want, not what it is worth.

3. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Everything on Armslist is to damn high. I bought a new Hi Point(don't ask why I still don't know) for a 169.00 a month ago from an LGS. I look all the time but rarely see anything for a descent price.

4. itchytrigger

itchytrigger New Member

It just blows me away how they ask double sometimes even triple a guns MSRP even when it's a basic model, used, with little to no accessories.

5. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

I cant believe how high some people are sellin ammo for. I would like to see them stop ammo sales on there site for a few months till this shortage calms down.

6. itchytrigger

itchytrigger New Member

I know! 100$ for 500 rounds of .22 that I can buy from my local Walmart for 20-30 bucks!!!

7. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I guess its all what your looking for....

The last thing I got off Armslist was a M95 Steyr with bayonet & Nazi ammo and a Enfield No.I Mk. III with bayonet & 300 rds of ammo for $400... I dont think that was bad deal???

8. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

That place is a swingers party, because everybody is trying to screw eachother. I have bought and sold a few guns off there before all of this and i was really glad i had the website at my disposal, but now i have completely stopped visiting it.

9. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

It is free to use. If you have a gun that you might want to sell but can't decide, why not list it for a really high price. Its free. If it sells you make a bunch of money and can buy something you would rather have. If it does not sell, no loss. Many guns are high on there. Sometimes there are bargains on there. And of course many guns are priced about normal. Right now in AZ there is a Marlin 1894 carbine in 44-40 for $550. That is dirt cheap(at least from the pic). That maybe a $2000 or more gun.

10. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I saw a savage .22 mag, stainless, with a box of CFO ammo for $200. Not bad. The high prices are almost everywhere, whether its a gun store, armslist, gum show, etc.

11. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Arms lists eems lower thsn gunbroker.
    Remember on Gunbroker its a bidding war on armslist you at least know the actual price.

12. marc29th

marc29th Member

I did a trade on armslist yesterday, traded a Factory /26\ SKS still packed in cosmoline for a Hungarian M44, soldiers kit and 200 rounds of non-corrosive ammo. We were both happy.

13. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I've had a good experience with armslist. I got a No4 Mk1 Lee Enfield and a sporterized M1917 Eddystone with a .50 ammo can and 10 rounds of .303 and 25 rounds of .30-06 for $450. I've seen some good things, but some people will put a good deal, and you email them and you almost get to a deal and they shut the door on you, that happened to me with a Norinco SKS for $200 and we were supposed to meet up th next day but he cancelled cause his wife went into labor. But then we set a date a week and a half later to let him get situated but the day of the meet he never showed up and apparently he didn't wanna sell the day of the meet! But that's the individual, not the website so overall I'm happy an I check armslist several times a day.

14. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I've seen good deals on it. Ya can also make offers.

15. itchytrigger

itchytrigger New Member

I guess you guys are right. I've just had 5-10 bad experiences with some individuals on there. I hate seeming like a jerk and offering what I value the gun for. If I can buy a NEW glock for 550 why buy your used one for 700?

16. badasstruck

badasstruck New Member

I've had some good buys on there, but selling has been hit and miss. Lots of jerk offs who wanna make offers or haggle, then end up never havin the cash to complete the deal. There ARE deals to be had on there tho.