Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
I seen them but can't remember what they are called. Can't imagine trying to hold on to one of those. :eek:

·
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
axxe55 said:
and if they were rifles cut down to that size, illegal as hell!
That's what I was thinking, but they may have been imported that way or something, if it were legal it would be awesome to have one though.

·
Banned
0 Posts
That's what I was thinking, but they may have been imported that way or something, if it were legal it would be awesome to have one though.
if they started out as a rifle and were cut down to that length, they would have to be registered as a SBR to be legal, whether imported or not.

certain ways around legalities. a lever action rifle can't be cut down to make a Mare's Leg rifle, but a reciever made and classified as a pistol can be.

the Taurus Judge, fires shotgun shells, it has rifling in the barrel that makes it a pistol, not a shotgun, so hence it's legal.

·
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
axxe55 said:
if they started out as a rifle and were cut down to that length, they would have to be registered as a SBR to be legal, whether imported or not.

certain ways around legalities. a lever action rifle can't be cut down to make a Mare's Leg rifle, but a reciever made and classified as a pistol can be.

the Taurus Judge, fires shotgun shells, it has rifling in the barrel that makes it a pistol, not a shotgun, so hence it's legal.
So if one were to make a receiver, they could do that?

·
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
axxe55 said:
have you ever run a CNC milling machine? have you ever written a program for a CNC milling machine?

if not, it would be like handing a laptop to a monkey.
I have never used one, and I'm not really good with computer stuff, the monkey would have better success with the laptop than I would with the CNC machine.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I have never used one, and I'm not really good with computer stuff, the monkey would have better success with the laptop than I would with the CNC machine.
then it would totally useless to you. CNC milling machines are not cheap for a decent one. a shop i worked in many years ago had two of them, priced at over $275,000 each. they had a guy that had a degree in computer programming that wrote the program for them.

·
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
axxe55 said:
then it would totally useless to you. CNC milling machines are not cheap for a decent one. a shop i worked in many years ago had two of them, priced at over $275,000 each. they had a guy that had a degree in computer programming that wrote the program for them.
That is a lot of money!!! I had no idea they were that expensive.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I worked for a shop and I ran two northwood CNC mills, we were running 48-53' tractor trailer rails and it's was interesting loved the job but god sitting there watching a part for three hours just kills your brain.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Also great for a CCW weapon no one would ever expect it :p

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts