Anyone ever have the opportunity to shoot any of the Blaser rifles?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by clearsights, Sep 29, 2012.

1. clearsights

clearsights New Member

I have been looking at these recently and wanted some feedback from the field. They just look so well handcrafted.

2. huffmanite

huffmanite New Member

I've only seen one at range I'm a member. Gent had just bought one and was trying it out for first time. Not your typical bolt action rifle due to its design. Guy demonstrated how he could work the action like a pump action shot gun, since it is a straight pull action. Can't comment on accuracy of the rifle and etc. New owner couldn't figure out how to take bolt out of receiver to bore sight the rifle.....seems you need to remove bolt handle to remove the bolt from receiver. So, few rounds fired with the rifle. But, it was a darn nice looking rifle.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yes, I shot one not long after the R93 Tactical came out in .308 because it "looked" like everything I thought I wanted in my "first" bolt gun.

This was LONG before I learned a metric sh*t ton of information about building bolt action rifles from my current gunsmith.

I think it's a "neat" rifle. I don't think it's the best rifle in the category for the money however.

4. clearsights

clearsights New Member

Thanks for the feedback from both of you!

5. defcon

defcon New Member