Anyone ever accidentally revealed their weapon?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Dan The Man, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Dan The Man

Dan The Man New Member

My wife always worries about someone seeing my CCW. Has anyone ever freaked out because they saw your gun or has an police officer ever confronted you about seeing any part of your pistol. I ask b/c here in TX it is a violation to fail to conceal your weapon.

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Yup, reached for a shipping box on a high shelf in a UPS Store. The owner and at least three other people saw it and said nothing. I now carry in a shoulder rig as often as possible.

3. Dan The Man

Dan The Man New Member

I am very careful, but sometimes feel it is inevitable.

4. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

I dont CC or anything, but from every day life type things, dont think about it. More you worry, the more you'll be paranoid. Yeah, you dont want anyone seeing your weapon, but theres no point of obessively worrying about it. If the way you carry has chances of being exposed, try covering it up. If its IWB, wear a longer shirt. Thats just one example. I'm not too familar with concealed carrying, so I cant help you out with details.

All I'm saying is dont stress it to a point where it takes over your life outside of the house. Take some spare time and think of ways to make sure it'll be concealed. ;)

S.S.

5. 1861

1861 New Member

Here in PA. oc & cc are legal therefore no problem if it shows or you print .

6. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I don't worry about it, and I carry every day. To the best of my knowledge no one has seen or indicated they've seen my pistol.

7. layton

layton New Member

8. Woody

Woody New Member

I cc a Ruger P90 almost every day IWB long tail shirt over sleeveless Tee
    Never had any problem. Have to watch it a bit on windy days
    but stuffin my thumb in my front pocket pins it down
    (keepin concealed becomes a unconcious habit after awhile)
    have never had anybody give me funny looks or stare at my side like they have seen somthing as far as I know

9. TelstaR

TelstaR New Member

I have not but I take extra care in dressing for my method of carry.

10. WDB

WDB New Member

I've carried consealed for several years and never had an issue. Might be that I often use a shoulder rig or that I'm aware of the meaning of consealed. No one (including me) wants to see a person armed that isn't in uniform. It gets my attention fast, freaks out some people. I expect the person has a consealed license but still keep an eye on him.

Don't show me yours and you won't have to see mine:eek:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  11. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

My wife worries about the same thing. I've never had a problem but I learned quickly to reach for high objects with my weak hand. I would not want my weapon being seen by others, you simply have no idea how they may respond.

12. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

That!!! Err, well.............my wife has seen my "pistol" many, many, many times though. ;) :)

Jack

13. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Hey! I said, pistol... not my LOVE CANNON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. docmagnum357

docmagnum357 New Member

Ditto what another poster said. It has never been brought to my attention that I was "Busted" . N.C.Oc and cc oare both legal,( cc with permit only). I worry more about forgetting and going into a place where CC is forbidden. I have, and fortunately, I was able to get in and out without being "made". It has never been an issue for me, seriously, other than forgetting i am carrying.

15. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

Most of the time if you shop for your clothes correctly you will not have a problem with showing your weapon. Plus now a days most people think that the black or tan thing on your side is your cell phone or a leatherman. MOST every day people never realize someone is carrying. Only the ones that know what they are looking for are going to realize what you have. I have not had any problems with my CCW and I live here in Az where it is hot and sometimes very windy. Dress accordingly and you will not have any problems. Hope this helps.

16. Glock30Owner

Glock30Owner New Member

Check out this web site, #23 specifically.

FAQ about Texas Concealed Handgun License

And here is the exact law taken frrom:

CHAPTER 46. WEAPONS - Texas Penal Code - Texas Code :: Justia

As you can see, in Texas, it is unlawful to intentionally fail to conceal. Incidental and unintentional exposure happens and the Texas legislature took that into account.

Assure your wife that, while you will never intentionally expose your firearm (except for self defense, of course), accidental exposure isn't a crime.

Now, I've never carried in Texas, but I open carry exclusively in Tennessee and Kentucky. Never had a freak out or a "man with a gun" call about me.

And, yes, I carry in cities (Nashville, Louisville, Knoxville, Lexington, Chattanoga). These are places I live and visit for work.

17. Bigguns911

Bigguns911 New Member

+1 on this statement. I carry CC and in the open for work with badge next to gun. Most of the time people do not see it and when they do they do not say much. Just be aware of your surroundings and wear good clothing for the job.