Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
34,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I choose a thread and try to go to the "unread posts" it doesn't take me there. When I tried to go to the unread posts on Random Thoughts Bunker Style, it took me to posts from 07-24-12. Also, when I log on, it gives me 11 pages to look at instead of only showing the threads that were posted to since I last logged on.

I don't know if it's me or the site. :confused: It's happening on both my home computer and the work computer.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
It has done that to me sometimes as well, and it usually works itself out.

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
We're changing some things up.

Starting today the new post feature should work a lot better, but you're going to have to cycle through some old stuff.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
It ran me back to the 24th also. My subscribed button shows 2 on it since last night. None are unread though.

·
Premium Member
12,022 Posts
Same thing here last night. Took awhile but I got through it. I'm not leaving the forum yet cause of it.

·
Administrator
34,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, good. Thanks for the input. I was wondering if my computer had a virus or something. I'm not very tech savvy so I thought I'd ask. It's still happening but now I know not to worry about it.

·
Premium Member
12,022 Posts
winds-of-change said:
Okay, good. Thanks for the input. I was wondering if my computer had a virus or something. I'm not very tech savvy so I thought I'd ask. It's still happening but now I know not to worry about it.
I second the tech savvy part. My home computer ran like garbage from day one, no matter who worked on it, its been dead for a year. Same as previous computer. My wife wants to pay someone to fix it, I wanna shoot it into small pieces :p

·
Registered
178 Posts
We're changing some things up.

Starting today the new post feature should work a lot better, but you're going to have to cycle through some old stuff.
Cycle as in how? I'm still showing 'new' posts going back to about 8/2 or so...

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
WTH is with the advertisement boxes at the bottom of the screen? :mad:

i realize FTF is a private site and the bossman is within his rights to make money, but if I don't click on it i don't want to hear it :(

·
Administrator
34,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cycle as in how? I'm still showing 'new' posts going back to about 8/2 or so...
As time goes by, those older "new" posts will fall off. I see it happening when I log on over the past few days. Give it a few days and see if it doesn't correct itself. I was seeing "new posts" going back to mid July. It's working it's way out as the days go by. I am not seeing those old posts anymore.

i realize FTF is a private site and the bossman is within his rights to make money, but if I don't click on it i don't want to hear it :(
I am not seeing what you are describing. :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts

I hate those ads.

If you see them let me know who the ad is for and I will remove them.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
I hate those ads.

If you see them let me know who the ad is for and I will remove them.
the Suze Orman ad - just comes on without warning :(

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Bad karma.....

This explains it, see my last post in Senoirs thread.....:eek: :)

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Right before I hit reply there was a Princes Cruises Ad. I have also seen ads for Obama. I knew that wasnt from this site.

·
Administrator
34,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Right before I hit reply there was a Princes Cruises Ad. I have also seen ads for Obama. I knew that wasnt from this site.
I think my son installed a good pop up blocker because I never see those ads.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts