Anyone else have to wait long for their CCW?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by firehammer, Feb 3, 2009.

1. firehammer

firehammer New Member

WOOOOOHOOOOO! Finally, my concealed carry permit arrived! :D I had to wait almost 8 weeks for it. Down here on the Gulf Coast of MS there has been a surge in CCW applications starting about 5 weeks before the Presidential elections. I was just curious if the rest of the country has seen the same surge. Speak up people!
    Acctually, I thought it was going to take longer than it did to get here, having to go through FBI background check & everything.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011
  2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Florida takes three months, yep 90 days just like clockwork. It's been that way for years. I haven't heard that it's taking any longer since Obamageddon but the total applications are way up! We're mobilizing down here! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

About a month here in VA, but it may be longer now.

4. chopkick

chopkick New Member

Here in central California, which used to be a bastion of conservatism, it only took two weeks for mine. :cool:

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Here in little old Bonney Lake, we walked in to the cop shop, my girl filled out her form and paid the fee, they said it would take 4 to 6 weeks and it showed up in the mail in about 3 weeks.

We have a TON of NRA members, big trucks, gun racks and "those" types of people around here though - one of the reasons we moved here. :D:cool:

JD

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Three MONTHS? My little dinky, country county- 4 traffic lights, no 7-11s, 2 grocery stores, volunteer fire department, one high school- took 3 DAYS. :D See, this is what happens when you live in a place that has one zip code for the entire county! PS- voter fraud is pretty rare here also- since the poll workers know the voters by name.....:)

7. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

In Indiana, it's customary to wait for 10 weeks, although mine came in at around 12 weeks.

8. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Typically, 6 to 8 weeks in Texas.

9. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Here in Los Angeles they just laugh at you.
    JdP

10. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Here in po-dunk

Virginia, Carroll County, usually about 3 weeks. I heard the Sheriff say to another man. " I don't think there is over 2 people without a Felony in this county that does not have a CCW permit, D@mn sure makes my job easier" and laughed.

11. c3shooter

Bobby- are you around Meadows of Dan?

12. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Other side of the county

No, I'm on the other side of the county, Woodlawn, about half my family are from Meadows of Dan. And you?

13. c3shooter

Bobby- family from down that way. I'm over in Powhtan County.

14. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 New Member

Lifetime CCW Permits

:D
    We HAVE to tell them about our New Lifetime Permits, here in Indiana, drag. Now I only have to remember my drivers lic.!! I've always allowed 6-8 weeks for mine to come through. Got my Lifetime last april, and need not do again:D:D

15. firehammer

firehammer New Member

That's cool! I wish they'd let us do that in MS. 4 years is the most you get here. Then $ 50 for every renew. Good for another 4 years.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  16. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 New Member

Lifetime CCW Permits

It is kool, firehammer. The only draw back, other than extra cost, is the fact, that all Indiana Personal Protection Permits are printed on plain (copy) paper. In pink, no less. It is recom. to have laminated. I know the old 4 year permits, even after lam. would be pretty tattered in my wallet, after 4years. I wish they were of charge card plastic material, but their not. I went to FedX and had 6 copies made, on their same shade pink paper, and had 3 laminated.Placed in safe for back up to use as they wear out.:D

17. tigman

tigman New Member

Here in the county I'm in $90 and about 90 days.

18. WDB

WDB New Member

We live in WA. I've had mine for years and renew every five years a month in advance. My Son recenly got his, he was told 6 to 8 weeks but it was here in just under 2 weeks.

19. metalry23

metalry23 New Member

I wish

I wish i could ccw :mad: stupid Illinois :(

20. soldierman79

soldierman79 New Member

Woah!

Holy old thread revival Batman! lol, ;)
    But, while we're on the subject, it took my CCW permit almost 2 months to arrive also. Totally worth the wait though.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011