anyone else enjoying the weather?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by matt g, Jan 14, 2009.

1. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

2200 HRS, 13 JAN 2008:

I just enjoyed one of Cuba's finest cigars on my patio along with a few of Cali's nicest ales, the whole while wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Holy crap, I can't get over this weather. It's times like this that remind me of why I deal with this state's politics. Every winter, we get a small heat wave this time of year that gives us a week or two break from the winter drizzle. This year has brought us exceptionally mild day time highs and night time lows. It almost hit 80º today and it has got to be in the low 60s right now.

This summer is going to be a bad one. I guess we pay for our indulgences.

2. bkt

bkt New Member

As of right now (6:25AM Eastern time) it is 5 degrees outside with a wind chill of -9. Tomorrow, we're supposed to enjoy a high of 2 degrees with a wind chill in the double digits below 0.

It's not quite flip-flop weather.

3. BacktoGats

BacktoGats New Member

Tonight we are forecast for -20°! :eek:

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Blow me Matt! ;) - We have rain coming in sideways, flooding out the rear end, so much so that I have to drive 20 minutes out of my way JUST to get home or to work. On top of that my crews are 3 plus weeks behind on forward production, so I got customers screaming bloody murder.

Yeah, I am LLLOOOOVVVVIIIIINNNNNGGGGGG the frickin weather right now! LOL

JD

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

82F, sun shining, bass biting, single-barrel sour-mash and a boring forecast of more of the same thru March! Oh yea, did I mention the lack (currently "O"pression free) of gun politics here in the 'Gun"shine State!

6. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I feel the same way JD, it's colder than **** here in Indiana. Last year about this time it was so cold that when I closed the hood on my 88 F-150, the plastic bugshield on the hood shattered.

7. 1861

1861 New Member

just about the same here in the mountains of PA. , bad thing is I had a massive heart attack awhile back and can't go out when it is cold . going to be a long winter:)

8. Charley

Charley New Member

I love it here but in a different way than you. I'm out in the country and It's cold and crisp, high temp today in the 40's.........my kind of weather. It's really the only time I can go outside and feel like I'm breathing clean air.

Summer..............Nah........Too hot and bugs the size of 747's out here :D

9. Chester

Chester New Member

Here in the sunny south it's gonna be in the low 20's tonight and teens tomorrow night, But i'm looking on the bright side at least it's not rain or snow.

10. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

82º today. The record was 70 and that was set back in the late '50s. Lows tonight are supposed to be in the mid 60s again.

There are already talks of water going to the highest bidder in the upcoming years.

11. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Just drove home from work, my half hour drive doubled with the snow, ice, and sub-sub zero wind chill.

This global warming thing is killing me.

12. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

x2 Matt, I am impounded in the PNW for the next few days. I told JD that I heard that there was a mountain somewhere around here called Rainier but I have yet to see it 'cause the visibility is about 2.3 feet at any given time. Beautiful country from the several square feet I have been able to see of it. So no, I am not enjoying the weather:D

13. mwsfarm

mwsfarm New Member

-38 here right now. it got up to -9 this afternoon. moved snow for 7 hours today so i can haul grain tomorrow. can zombies get around when its that cold? do they have snowshoes? :confused:

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

According to The Zombie Survival Guide, No. When it gets really cold, freezing cold, they shut down and come "alive" again during the thaw. It's the prefered time to get out there and bash their skulls in to save on ammo and safely clear the area around your place of residence. :D

JD

Attached Files:

15. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

The caribean

In here is 90º all year arround, in summer maybe 100º... today is fresh @ 85º... our winter :D

16. cbw

cbw New Member

It's so cold here that today while trying to jump my truck while unwrapping the jumper cables the insulation snapped in 4 to 5 places, this is a $30 set of cables! It was -15 with tonight expected to reach -24 setting a new record for the decade unless we each -28 which will break the all time coldest on record.

I also have had a heart attack and am not to be in the cold, that's not working out to well. Cheers to all of you above 50 degrees. The rest of us are suffering :eek:

17. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

Single digit temps here, still rockin' the soft top Jeep. At least the heat is warm enough to defrost the windshield.

18. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Albuquerque, New Mexico had a high of 63 degrees F. I had the windows down. :D

19. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Where are they I need to bash some effin skulls right about now. Between my daughter and my exwife I could take on the entire zombie arms of the world and kick there brain sucking azzes.