Anyone else drop their pistol in the bathroom?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by MarkoPo, Aug 9, 2009.

1. MarkoPo

MarkoPo New Member

So the wife and I went to town tonight to do some shopping and decided it would be a good idea to eat out. We hit the Chinese buffet and load up noodles and chicken and dead cat I guess it was. Then we hit the local Wally World. After about 15 minutes my gut started rumbling. I went into the stall and wiped all the dried piss off the seat dropped the pants carefully and sat down so as little of my ass was touching as possible, not paying attention to my pistol. Well I hear a CLANK look down and my pistol is laying on the floor. The IWB holster flipped over sideways as I was holding my pants off the ground and my pistol fell out. Luckily there was no one else in the bathroom. What an embarassing moment for me. First time anything like this has ever happened to me. Please tell me I'm not the only one this has happened to here...........So I guess the moral of the story is don't eat Chinese when you are carrying.

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

LOL That has to he the funniest thing I have read on here in about 2 weeks.

I am sorry for your misfortune.

3. wsearfoss

wsearfoss New Member

2 points on the bathroom

#1 Unzip only. If that means a change in life style so be it. :confused:

#2 If you have to sit down remove the firearm and place it in the crotch of your underwear while sitting down. This prevents someone from reaching under the wall to take it, and prevents you from forgetting it on the back of the tank. :eek:

During both situations be aware of your surroundings this is when you are most vulnerable.

4. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

But look at the bright side...it could have landed in a puddle of piss!:)

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Or slid out of reach as the first spazm of the trots reached your guts.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Plus one on that - or get a shoulder rig and learn to live with a lightweight jacket. :p

JD

7. caniswalensis

caniswalensis New Member

#3 ALWAYS check your underwear for guns before pulling your pants back up!:D

Marko,

As someone that hates using public restrooms in the extreme, I sugest a second holster with a bottle of metamucil in it. :cool:

Canis

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

foss nailed this one. Putting the piece in your undies keeps it in front of you, you don't forget it, and the damned thing will not hit the floor, bounce, and slide 2 stalls down, leaving you with trou at half mast while trying to reclaim it.

And if you ever saw the TV show Barney Miller, remember Det. Fish (Abe Vigoda) always had to go to the head? Shoulder holster.

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

dude if you guys would all just use shoulder holsters you wouldn't have this problem.

HEADLINE NEWS Man blows balls off while taking a crap in wal-mart. Not a headline I want to read or be in.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  10. LegatoRedrivers

LegatoRedrivers New Member

11. MarkoPo

MarkoPo New Member

I would of walked right out of that resturant into my car and left. No way I would stick around if I could help it.

12. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Thanks for the story.

That is a good reminder that none of us are perfect and we are all, indeed, human.

We've all had those moments (I've had my share...lol).

13. WDB

WDB New Member

When the weather allows a shoulder rig is a nice option. Otherwise it's a IWB holster and I take it off (holster and pistol) and hold it while on the throne as I don't want my holster or pistol hiting the floor of a public restroom.:eek:

14. SWAirweight

SWAirweight New Member

It's sad to say that I too have let me firearm touch the floor of a bathroom , but on a happier note it was my own bathroom. The underware technique is the best, but just make sure you don't have any left overs laying around when you sit your pistol on your underware or else it could get jammed.

15. opaww

opaww New Member

I have dropped a log, but never my pistol

16. freefall

freefall New Member

Since the loss of my gallbladder I find myself prone to the occasional sudden call of the bowel, hence I prefer a shoulder holster.