Anyone conceal the xdm compact .45?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by FearTheFree7, Sep 17, 2012.

1. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

Is it easy to conceal? Where do you conceal it? Is it on the thicker side for IWB? Just your general opinion would be much appreciated.

2. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

3. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

Thanks, my buddy offered me his for $450 and he has only out one round through it. Yea I said only one so it's brand new. He said he shot it that one time in his back yard and hasn't since. He is looking for something different now for his backup to his duty gun. I've been wanting a .45 to conceal and I feel I can't pass this deal up. But I have never held the .45 version, i have only shot the 9mm. Thanks again for your input.

4. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

The 9mm and the .45 feel almost exactly the same, with the .45 being slightly (hair breadth) wider. The holster the gentleman above me suggested is a good reputable holster.

5. Coyotenator

Coyotenator New Member

My nephew bought one and we laid my XD40SC on top and the XDM was only about 1/2" longer.All the other dimensions were similar and it fit perfectly in my SC's carry holster(I have a DeSantis Tuck This IWB).

If I wasn't so happy with my SC I might get one.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  6. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I wasn't sure if it would be one of those inbetweeners for concealed carry. But with the feedback so far it should be alright. I'll have to hold it myself to make an opinion. I held the xds a few days ago and i didn't care for the way it felt in my hand. Felt like I was holding a small 1x1 block of wood in my hand. Needed to be rounded off a bit. Thanks again for the feedback.

7. Threetango

Thought you might like to see the XDm in the Stealth Armor holster.
    Will try later on to post a pic of it on me.

[​IMG]

8. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

Looks good! How is it drawing from the holster?

9. Threetango

Smooth and quick.

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

I carry one owb using the holster it came with. But we also have open carry here so printing isnt of a concern in most normal situations. When i go to more liberal areas or places that are more sensitive to seeing a gun i carry a smaller firearm.

I dont have any desire to jawjack with the local pd about wisconsin law and i have no desire to be a test case for some libtard district attourney trying to overturn state law

11. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

Yeah I can open carry in my state as well. (Indiana) But I don't care for the problems that could arise from open carrying. Just not worth the time to possibly have to deal with a hassle when I can just conceal it and have everyone comfortable.

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

I dont open carry i typically just let my shirt cover the gun.

13. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

Yeah as of now I carry my Sig Sauer P238 IWB and just let my shirt hang down.