Anyone carry a Man-bag, Murse, Jack Bag?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by HunterMarksman338, Sep 18, 2009.

1. HunterMarksman338

HunterMarksman338 New Member

For awhile now I've been carrying an EDC canvas messenger bag apparently modeled after the same messenger bag that Kiefer Sutherland uses in 24. Except mine isn't made by Rothco, it's Rapid Dominance and has zippers.

This is what it looks like below....

[​IMG]

I love this bag, it holds my medkit, pen & pad, anglehead flashlight, glasses, a small shortwave-AM-FM radio, folder, and some books, and enough room to clip on a OC canister. If I had a handgun it would also be good for conceal carry.

Are there any other dudes and/or older gentlemen who carry a gear bag like this? I've noticed that messenger bags are being used more so nowadays by men who conceal carry and for using as a "gear bag". Has anyone noticed that too?

2. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

I'm a geek, so I carry a laptop bag frequently. If I'm headed someplace (not public, Illinois does not allow concealed carry) I usually throw in my pistol and a spare mag. If I'm going out on the town, I'll throw in my folding knife and pray I don't need the gun.

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Call it what you want, it's a PURSE! I'm just saying...

If you want to look like a man, carry a leather attaché or briefcase. Seriously, that suff is meant to be carried in your hand by straps, not over your shoulder or (forbid it) across your body shoulder to waist. :eek:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  4. HunterMarksman338

So Sutherland's character is carrying around a purse fighting terrorists?

[​IMG]

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

First of all his character is fighting terrorists. If you do the same, then carry the sob. His real persona is anti gun and very liberal. I would not be surprised to find out that he added that without direction. When I see guys carrying those things, I *cough while saying homo*

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yep. Pretty much.

No matter how much Jack Bauer tries to sell it, it's a purse.

If you are drawing a weapon out of it, or some blueprints and a com, every 15 minutes, you might pull it off as manly...

But in everyday life?? Not so much.....

JD

7. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Nice murse...

If you need something that big to carry around everyday stuff, get something like this.

To each his own.:rolleyes:

8. Hey-you-guys

Hey-you-guys New Member

I'm a manly man. When my cargo pants run out of room, I duct tape everything to my crotch.

9. HunterMarksman338

Well, I guess I'm a queer by your standards.... all well. Bag has done me good for carrying other items and gear when I need it.

Thank you! :D

I was looking at this sling bag by condor outdoor.. slingbag

and it even has a compartment on the side for concealing a hand gun. If my bag falls apart from everyday use I might get this one. I've always hated the double strap shoulder bags.

10. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

I use a fanny pack. My P-14 rests in it just fine......................

Jim...............

11. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I have the OD Green since 1998!

[​IMG]

12. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Every time I see a guy with a fanny pack, I always check to see if he still keeps his wallet in his back pocket. Easiest way to tell if someone is carrying.

13. pat

pat New Member

ok

i just joined last night and should probably wait awhile before admitting i carry one also, especially walking in the park,(2nd gun) judge fits perfectly and is easy to reach.
    there is also a faux lap top bag, made with a front slit (no double meaning) made for a hand gun.
    it must be for those of us not secure enough in our masculinity to carry an authentic murse.

pat

14. HunterMarksman338

Thanks Pat! Glad to know I'm not the only one carries such a bag. I don't know why it's such a tabu for dudes who embrace the armed lifestyle to have a messenger bag as their gear bag. All well.

15. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I personally don't care for fanny packs or shoulder bags of any type. I'm in CA, so I don't/can't carry.

However, I have an old, small leather Dayrunner planner. I hadn't used in years, so I took the binder rings out and lo and behold, a snubby and a speedloader or a small semi and a spare mag fit perfectly. It would be excellent urban camouflage. Theoretically, of course. ;)

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Who the eff carrys a god dam muther effing man purse? Do you effing wear capri pants as well you effing metro sexual gay bar lovin sorry excuse of a man?

Carry a dam wallet or a backpack or ruk sack. Man purse Good lord sissy muther effers. What next you gonna carry a dam pink pistol to match your gucci man purse.

I carry a Jansport Odyssey 2352 cu in of space. I can haul 2 macbook pros, 1 15.4" hp laptop, 3 college textbooks, binders, pens, water bladder, cell phone, Kimber Custom II, jacket, knife, wallet, change, protein bars, Ammo, 4 mags. So again why the hell am I going to pack some effing homo looking man purse?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  17. HunterMarksman338

I can carry whatever bag I want to carry. I started this thread to find out if there are other men who carry something of the sort and maybe come across other ideas for conceal carry in such a bag.

Go ahead and question my "man-ness" all you want. If you don't have any better ideas or makes or sites for other such bags for conceal carry with, then please don't respond to this thread. Your wasting my time reading your belitting response.

18. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

He did have suggestions and a name of a bag. Hmmmm.

19. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I tried a few shoulder bags, and I just find backpacks more efficient. If you've got to carry a heavy load all day long, a good backpack is going to help you distribute the weight much better than any messenger bag or shoulder bag.

The only time when I carry a small satchel is when I'm using a large backpack and need to keep a few essentials at hand.

I tried a few good laptop bags and they were OK until I got some real weight in there.

I get my rucksacks from a small manufacturer in Buenos Aires that makes gear for rock climbers and mountain guides. They've got some amazing quality stuff for decent prices (Fugate SRL - Equipamiento e indumentaria para trekking y montañismo). It's a family owned business run by very knowledgeable, honest people.