Anybody with CPR skills

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dragunovsks, Mar 12, 2009.

1. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Anybody else got any other skills that go with CCW? Let me explain. I, in addition to having a gun permit, also am certified to use CPR. I figured in a gun fight situation if someone I know is hit I can help them in addition to putting rounds on target.

Not to mention since I work at a limestone quarry, everyone has to know how to use CPR in a livesaving situation.

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I've been thru the Red Cross first aid and cpr. I have not recertified in a few years, put some of those skills you never forget. I was a lifeguard at a lake for several years while I was in school.

Some things are just good to know, ya know.

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Done the Army combat life saver class CPR and advanced life support (For animals). I was a vet tech that is why the als was from. But If I shoot your azz I sure ain't tryin to fix you up.

4. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

I'm American Heart Association BLS certified. In addition to CPR, I also know how to run an AED.

Both AHA and ARC now recommend using only chest compressions now. They no longer recommend rescue breathing.

5. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I forgot to mention that I also know how to use an AED. Our company brings in Red Cross people every couple of years and trains and recertifies everyone. It makes for an easy work day, sitting in the training room all day and getting paid for it. Plus the company buys us pizza on training days.:D

6. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

Because of the nature of my work, I've been certified off-and-on, since I was a Boy Scout in the 1950's. In those days, CPR consisted of laying the patient on their chest, kneeling by their head, pushing down on the chest and lifting the arms. :rolleyes:

I once took an advanced course in college, which included water rescues. Kinda cool. :cool:

Two weeks ago, I re-qualified for first aid, CPR and AED to keep my state investigator's license current.

7. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Haven't recertified in CPR or Major Med. since I left the Agency. Trained every year for 33 years though, does that count?

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Certified CPR (adult and child), first aid, AED instructor.
    Allowed my EMT cert to lapse a few years ago but can still remember most of it.

Amatuer Physician
    Ametuer Pharmacist
    Ametuer Pediatrician
    Ametuer Chiropractor
    Ametuer Gynecologist

The best doctor in Texas, practicing w/o a license.

9. matt g

I used to do some amateur pharmacist work.

10. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I've done some amateur Gynecologist work myself. I first got interested in that field right around my high school years.

Other than that, I'm CPR certified, AED, and CLS trained.

11. matt g

I had to go to bus driver school, instead of Combat Life Taker. :(

12. robocop10mm

I draw the line at Proctology. Plenty of those in Austin.

13. matt g

Come on, you search ***holes on a daily basis.

14. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

CPR, AED, First Responder, EMT-B. Just the basics.

Funny story, but not funny. My CPR, AED and First Responder instructor had a heart attack during one of his classes. Its a good thing he had a friend with him, for demonstration purposes, who was a Paramedic.

15. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

when i was in 5th grade we had to get certified for first aid and cpr. and them when i took masonry in school we had to get certified or recertified, but since then i must admit ive gotten "out of shape" on everything. but somethings are hard to forget

16. chopkick

chopkick New Member

CPR/First Aid/AED. Have to recertify every year per DHS/FPS.

17. dcp1987

dcp1987 New Member

cpr
    i got it because of my job (im an electrician)
    when we do a panel shut down or anything with high voltage we have to have someone on stand by that knows cpr
    i even have a fancy sticker on my hard hat that says im cpr certified

18. robocop10mm

Not me. I have people to do that for me now. I mostly sit behind a desk "Detecting".

19. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

My CLS Bag came in handy plenty of times after hard hard nights of drinking from the time the sun went down till it came up. A nice shot of Lactated ringers is great to clean up a hangover.

20. WDB

WDB New Member

CPR and first aide cert, it is cheap training through red cross and something that just might save the life os someone close to you. The way I see it a few hours a year verses a lifetime of regret it's an easy couple of classes to take and keep up on. If you don't have the training take the time and get it, the life you save just might be your spouse, child, brother, sister, mom, dad, friend, neighbor or a stranger. It's a small investment of time.