Anybody still having problems with XDS 45?

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by pwall1988, Nov 25, 2014.

1. pwall1988

pwall1988 New Member

I just bought the Xds 45 bitone. I see a lot of bad YouTube videos. I want to here about the bad experiences people have had with this pistol.

2. JonM

JonM Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

there was a recall on them. contact springfield armory with your serial number and they will tell you if yours needs to go back to be fixed or if its a post recall production unit.

the current production guns work every bit as reliably as the bigger xdm

3. pwall1988

pwall1988 New Member

Mine is post recall. I'm going to shoot the gun this weekend. I'll give a range report afterwards.

4. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

None, before or after recall fix.

5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

The XDS is a fine pistol! I have one in 45 ACP. I did have to send mine in. Regarding the Recall the ones without the small Roll Pin in the Grip Safety are the ones that need to be sent back to Springfield. If your new pistol grip safety has a small Roll Pin in it you are good to go and it does not need to be sent in.
    In the pictures you can just see the small roll pin in the grip safety!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  6. stag556

stag556 Member

I have a 400 plus rounds of mixed ammo, both ball and HD and not one problem. Here's mine with trijicon sites.

20140729_112908.jpg

7. pwall1988

pwall1988 New Member

Sometimes when I unload the gun the HP will get stuck in the chamber. Almost like the chamber is slightly too small for the round. That makes me nervous about a failure to eject but this is all speculation. I will know for sure once I take it to the range this weekend.

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

You might still have grease in the barrel from the factory. Read the owners manual. Lately some manufacturers want you to break the gun in with the factory lube.

9. nfafun

nfafun New Member

Bad experience? Only the high recoil compared to my longer barrel 4" XD 45, but otherwise my 3.3" XDs 45 is still the great carry gun that I bought it to be. Nothing but good experiences at the range every time, both before and after the trigger recall work was done.

Might consider a future trade for a Range Officer Compact but still weighing price/resale/size calculus.

10. pwall1988

pwall1988 New Member

I clean all my guns when I get them. She's oiled up perfectly. I will let u guys know how it does soon!

11. pwall1988

pwall1988 New Member

Shot around 50 rounds of Winchester white box and some pdx1 hollow points with 0 failures. Shoots great Glad I made this purchase!!!

12. stag556

stag556 Member

Glad to hear everything went well. I mostly shoot WWB out of mine as well. Once she gets broken in (200 rounds or so) it is even more enjoyable to shoot.

Cograts

13. PaPow

PaPow Active Member

Sorry, little late to the game here. But since M&P brought out their Shield 45`s, seeing tons of used XD 45`s gettin traded in. I bought a shield 45, shoots far better than the XD and the recoil is wayyyyyyyyy softer than the XD`s. Also has a far better trigger over the XD`s. Holds more ammo, conceals easier. Whats not to like about the shield 45. And the best part i saved for last... it is MADE IN the USA...!

14. Spedman

Spedman New Member

My son and I shot one at the range. The fiber optic in front fell off. It was super accurate though ;-) The gun was a Springfield Armory XD 45 mod 2. Holds 10-13 rds in a sub compact gun.

15. PaPow

PaPow Active Member

XD45 is not the same size as the Shield 45. Fiber optics can be glued back in too, so they dont fall out. Dont blame the gun for that, as it has nothing to do with the gun itself.

The M&P Shield is far more accurate, way softer recoil than the XDS45.
    Cant beat the price on the Shields for what your getting, either.