Anybody like Lost?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, May 13, 2009.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

So am I the only one here that likes Lost or are there others out there that like this crazy wacky out of this world show?

If you do who is your favorite character on the show? Mine is Sayid He is just a badzz mofo.

2. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

Watched the first season of Lost, thought it went from decent to down right suck after that. Was a big fan of Rescue Me but have started loosing interest in that one too.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

That explains a lot bro!

4. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Pretty much I watch Nat Geo, Dicsovery channel, History Channel, Science Channel, Old movies when actors actually acted, CNN, Fox, alot of music (I know not watching) C-Span, PBS, Well you get the idea. I havent watched much if any mainstream television shows (sit-com, drama action, etc..) for many years now.

5. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I liked it at first, but I slowly lost interest. I missed a chapter or two and I didn't know what the hell was going on.

6. user4

user4 New Member

I've seen every episode. What a mind****

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I still can't figure out what is going to happen from show to show. I am sad it only has one season left.

I am going to have to buy them all on DVD or Blu-ray.

8. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Your missing out. I can't stand 99.9% of what's on TV but Lost is one of a kind. Probably the best series I've ever seen. All the overtones of all religions, quantum physics, paradoxes, very well written.

I look forward to the last Season. I guess the Oceanic 8 are "special" since Jacob visited each one and touched each one. I wonder who they are.

9. cbw

cbw New Member

Lost is great! It ties in together well, but like some have said if you miss one you are lost. I'll miss it when it's over. I find it hard to believe that you can set off a hydrogen bomb with a rock but it's TV.

10. dirtbikingdad

dirtbikingdad New Member

Between work, kids, and hobbies, I really don't have time to dedicate to watch soap opera type shows and I'm too cheap to get Tivo. :)

11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

OK and that has what to do with this thread? If you want to boost your post count then go to the welcome section. This is the crap that just pisses me the hell off.

If you don't watch lost then fine by me. Go talk about how lost sucks in another thread.

12. WDB

WDB New Member

Lighten up Tango:eek: I was about to post on this thread to say I hadn't had the time to see much of lost so I feel kind of lost when I do tune in but I like the show. But expect you would Flame me.

I don't think it is about post count just a person joining in the conversation.

The welcome section isn't a way of bumping up the post count, it's ment for new members to say a little about them and for other members to welcome them into the forum. At least that is my thought. I don't know what my post count is and honestly don't think it matters, I'm here because I like the forum.

You contribute a lot to the forum and I respect you brother.

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Hi Tango, how ya doing? Need a Ritalin? [​IMG]

14. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

No I don't I just need people to stop doing stupid stuff all the time.

Look I asked if you liked it not if you watch it.

If you like it and don't have time to watch it or have lost track of thats cool. But when you come in and say well I am so much better than you because I have all this other stuff to do so I don't watch it. Like the I am too good to watch normal tv post. Just gets under my skin.

If you don't have anything to add then STFU.

I read many threads and I don't have anything to add so I just move on. Why can't other people do that.

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Because they're not perfect like us? [​IMG]

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Cane 99% of the time you can make me smile in the midst of a raving lunatic minute.

17. dirtbikingdad

dirtbikingdad New Member

You asked, I answered. I could say a ton of other things like you did to me in another thread. But I won't.

By the way, I could care less about my point count. It's a discussion and not everyone will always see things or do things the way that you do. If you can not deal with that, simply post "I love Lost.", not "Anybody like Lost?"

Geez!

18. redridnhood

redridnhood New Member

we watch Lost religiously at my house. Umm, as for the whole bomb thing, didn't Sayid say he rigged it so that it would go off? Now I KNOW I am just a girl and all, heeheehee, but did anyone else find it amazing that the biotch fell hundreds of feet and didn't do what it was supposed to? But THEn she set it off with a rock? And what the heck is this nasty, dirty, hateful rumor that there is only one more season left? (see my rants about television shows in the random thoughts thread) :|

19. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Yes next fall is the LAST Season for Lost. I am sad. But on the upside July is right around the corner. That means a new season of Eureka and Big Brother 10.

20. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

Geez, this almost makes me want to avoid this thread. His comments were relevant to the topic at hand. He said he doesn't have time to watch Lost because of so and so... It's the same as saying you DO watch Lost for so and so reasons. And just because you start a thread, it doesn't mean you own it or get to be a mod on it.

Anyway, I want to avoid that cat fight, so I'm just going back to the original topic. I love Lost. However, I find myself questioning a lot on the show. Especially the last episode or two when Jack managed to shoot something like 30 shots from his handgun without reloading... or how he manages to win a 40 yard fire fight with a 9mm, when the other guy has a garand or sks AND better cover?!?

Oh, and the fact that they are ALWAYS cocking and re-cocking the guns for the visual effect and sound effect, even though you wouldn't do that in real life. Most of the situations where they chamber a round three different times within the course of ten minutes is absurd.

I do love the show, though. Can't get enough of it. I don't have a fav character. They all make it great. I think they finally shed some light on where Richard came from. He was on that Spanish Galleon that Jacob saw.