Anybody know anything about this scope?

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Rick1967, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I picked this up at a fleamarket yesterday. It does not appear to have ever been mounted. It is a 1.5-4.5 X. The lens measures 33 mm across. Would that make it a 1.5-4.5x33? I have not been able to find anything about norinco scopes on google. I only paid $19 for it. I figured I couldn't go wrong at that price. I am wondering if this is a centerfire or rimfire scope.

Any info is appreciated.

2. Rick1967

Oops forgot the pics.

DSCN1218.jpg

DSCN1219.jpg

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

4. Rick1967

It simply looks like a brand new old scope. I am not an expert on optics. I believe I am just one step above idiot. Hey, at least I'm honest about it. I think I am going to put it on my 30-30 after I get a mount. I just don't want to damage a rimfire scope by mounting it on a centerfire rifle. I understand the recoil can really mess one up if it is not designed for it.

5. pointblank4445

pointblank4445 New Member

Mount that sucker up. Just don't go cheap on the base so when this one breaks, you can mount up a new one in no time.

And so what if it breaks....you're out $19; I don't think you can get one a BSA at Wally World for that.

And when it breaks, you can:

-give it to your kids (if applicable) to play with

-try and gouge some poor airsoft kid on ebay with your "tactical chicom sniper scope". It's ultra rare in the US I hear ;).

- recreate the Saving Private Ryan/Carlos Hathcock through-the-scope sniper shot.

6. Rick1967

My youngest is a 12 year old that is a very good shooter. However, I picked up a Thompson Contender at Cabelas yesterday. I am going to look for several barrels and a rifle type stock to go with it. It came with a pistol scope. So now I have both. This just keeps getting better!

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

dont knock cheap. sometimes you get lucky. i bought a weaver k-12 4x scope with the german fence post reticle for 20$ in the 80's put it on my winchester mod 70 super express in 458 winmag. hundreds and hundreds of full power 510grn loads and thousands of loads at 45-70/45-120 levels over 20 years of shooting it never lost zero before it finally broke 2 years ago.

if i found another of those el paso texas weaver k12 i would slap it back on there.

that scope even broken has a place of honor in my gunsafe. many a whitetail fell to that combo. i miss that scope.