anybody know any information on my "new" rifle?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by americanv8, Apr 3, 2010.

1. americanv8

americanv8 New Member

So on my 18th bday I got my first rifle that I can call my own. My family has owns guns. This "new" rifle is a JGA .22 long rifle. Its a German rifle from 1931 we believe. it says on the barrel:

J.G.Anshultz Germenwaffenwerk A.G zella-mehlis/thur

Original JGA Karabiner

does anybody know anything?:confused: this baby sure shoots nice:cool:

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Pics would be nice and please go to the Introductions thread when you get a chance and introduce yourself to the membership.

Sounds llike a bolt action single shot target rifle.

3. americanv8

americanv8 New Member

it is a single shot target rifle, we believe it was a german training gun the serial number is 460302. get pics up soon.

4. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Someone gave you a heck of a gift!!

That's an Anschutz!!!! They all shoot like razors!!
    Company is still in Biz making some of the best rifles ever made :)

You'll have to search a bit to determine the model number...but it's probably worth a bundle :D

There are entire web forums dedicated to Anshutz rifles.

5. MoAmmoPlease

MoAmmoPlease New Member

I'll give you $300.00 bucks for it sight un-seen and you can buy two 10/22's or put a mean black stock and DOODADS on one of them. :)

I dumped a .22 target rifle of unknown manufacturer years ago. Big gun with a special place (adjustable pommel) on the fore end but it was covered with all this German giberish...:(:(

Makes me think of the day I drove off with a side by side JP Sauer in full and full on the roof of my car. Sweet little 16 but had to much engraving on it.:confused: Never saw the gun again and have always inmagened how it looks now with a walnut pistol grip and 12" barrels...ARG!!!!!

6. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

Chances are, you are going to get a lot of offers for that rifle. Keep it..If you dont have room for it, Get a bigger safe..

7. M14sRock

M14sRock Active Member

Outstanding!!!

I have a couple of Anschutz bolt actions and they are simply superb.

You will be very happy with yours. Can you post some pics?

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

That there was one hell of a gift. DON'T sell it for anything. there is only handfull of guns out there that can shoot with a anny.

9. americanv8

americanv8 New Member

Thanks guys, sorry its been a while.

10. americanv8

americanv8 New Member

photos! Sure hope my computer dont screw up

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  11. americanv8

americanv8 New Member

Sorry there blurry. Now please tell me if this is accurate. after WW2 all germen guns were to be melted down during troop occupation, and the Anny plant was burned down so any anny is extremely rare?

First time I shot her I hit a soda can from fifty feet.....and I have less than average aim skills.

12. americanv8

americanv8 New Member