Anybody have any Experience with Sight Glow in the Dark Paint

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by CAMCHAMPION1988, Oct 25, 2011.

1. CAMCHAMPION1988

CAMCHAMPION1988 New Member

I am looking to paint the sights on my Astra Constable .380 Pistol that i got for late night Jogs. It is an old but Very Reliable and Very Accurate pistol that is the perfect size to carry. I Jog 5 nights a week i always carry it with me for the jogs the sights are actually decent for me. But you can't see **** at night so obviously i googled the night sight paint and there are a bunch of different makers of it. Which Brand have you guys tried??? i know every once in a while you got to re apply which is fine. Yeah if this stuff works out **** spending a ton on night sights i will just paint the sights. Maybe try this on my CCW Glock 17 Gen3 they have the factory sights which are just fine for me the only thing is they don't glow in the dark. Here are some different makers any of them that you would recommend to me?????

SiteGlo glow in the Dark Gun Sight Paint

Glow-In-The-Dark Sight Paint Kit, Sights, Firearm Components, Shooting : Cabela's

Gun Sights

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

One of the vendors that is a member here- http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f53/affordable-night-sights-31308/

Remember that the non-radioactive night sights STORE light. They do not MAKE light. If you pistol lives in a holster, and never sees the light of day except when you are being mugged or eaten by zombie Chihuahuas, it won't work.

3. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Left mine laying in direct sunlight for 10 minutes. After 4 minutes in the dark the sights lost around half of their brightness. After 10 minutes they are dim, but still useable. 15 minutes very slight glow, only viewable in total darkness. No glow after 18 minutes. When not glowing the color is white, with very slight green tint.

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

If you dont mind me asking what brand did you use ? also how long has it been on there for . I have asked this question in another thread but never got a answer back .

5. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Glo on. Its been on the sights for 1 week.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

I have been very happy with my Glow-On products. I noticed one night that there was a green glow in the corner (kinda spooked me); the stuff sat in a half-sunny window for the day (north facing) and glowed until after 2am (last time i saw it).

The decal-type material glows much better and longer, but it requires more planning to apply on a pistol.

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

so if using the decal material what do you use to punch out dots with for sights ? or do they already come punched ?
    Thanks
    PH

8. orangello

orangello New Member

I used a line on my other SKS sights also tried it on the XD45, before i changed to the peep sights. Cutting lines seemed simpler than punching dots.

9. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

A leather punch works great if you can find one. Mine has a bunch of different sizes.

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Gotcha , I have one of these but dont know if it does 1/16" but Im sure it does 1/8"
    Wife says she might have a 1/16" in her craft crap . ;) I knew she was good for something . JK