Anybody had any experience with John Masen Parts

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by CAMCHAMPION1988, Nov 24, 2011.

1. CAMCHAMPION1988

CAMCHAMPION1988 New Member

I have a Rock Island Armory M1911-A1FS GI .45acp Basic Model anyways i want to put parts to it that are to my likings. I found some that are at a Great Price what i want is a Stainless Steel Solid Widespur ( Non Skeletonized hammer ) and a Stainless Steel Solid ( Non Skeltonized trigger ) these parts on the black parkerized finish RIA will look Coooooool

I found a hammer from a brand called John Masen but i heard from another forum that the john masen parts are. Cheap molded crap that don't last is that true i mean for the price it seems that they could be **** i hope not though. Below is info on both seperate parts

The hammer
    # Stock #:555-103-110
    # Mfr:JOHN MASEN
    # Mfr Part #:4556S
    # Retail Price:$19.99

Link to Trigger CLICK IT RIGHT BELOW THIS SENTENCE
    1911 AUTO SOLID ALUMINUM MATCH TRIGGER - Brownells

Is it safe to go with a Short Pull Trigger??????

What do you think of these parts are they worth buying and installing?????????

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

My opinion pass ive never seen positve reviews. The original 1911 had a short trigger the purpose was to allow easy gloved finger use. Nothing wrong with a short vs long safety wise its just a matter of need or preference.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011

3. coolsteve

coolsteve New Member

I bought a couple of thier 9 round ar mags for shooting off the bench. Total crap... couldn't get through one mag full without some kind of jam, stopped using them and have never had a problem with ANY other brand.